“Good Food, but Slow Service”
Review of Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ocean Terrace. The place to begin the party or to wind down over drinks at sunset. A stunning mix of old and new, Ocean Terrace features a hip outdoor bar and dining area adjacent to the historic Nickerson Mansion, with two fire bowl lounges and breathtaking views of Cape Cod Bay. At Ocean Terrace indoors, three intimate dining rooms in the Mansion have been preserved to reflect the turn-of-the-century period of the Nickerson family. Ocean Terrace outdoors offers a stunning view of Cape Cod Bay and dining under the stars. Join us and take in the best view of the bayside of Cape Cod.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had drinks at the Terrace Bar and dinner in the Mansion. In both cases, the service was slow, but friendly.

The Caesar salad, clam chowder, duck and cheesecake were good, but not exceptional. The kitchen produced the food efficiently, but servers never came around to freshen our drinks. For the price, I expect exceptional food and service.

RickSchatz, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Cazes T:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly, but I apologize for the slow service. I will be sure to address this with our staff. Despite this, I hope you enjoyed your evening on Ocean Terrace. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

My husband and I took my daughter and her boyfriend to the Ocean Terrace to have a drink before having dinner downstairs. It turned out to be a disappointing beginning to ur evening. We sat at a table and no one came over to get our order. It was a very slow evening and since we felt like idiots sitting there with nothing in front of us, decided to go downstairs to Bayzo's to get dinner. The only good thing was that the view off the terrace is just beautiful. Sad we did not stay there longer, but we felt foolish just sitting there.

RickSchatz, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear cathycnh:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the poor service you received, especially since the restaurant was not busy. I will be sure to address this with our staff. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope you enjoyed your dinner at Bayzo's Pub. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This restaurant is located on the terrace with nice water views. The lunch menu is extremely limited. We ordered the crab cakes and they were very average. Our server was very friendly, professional and provided great service. We found the indoor mansion very dated and in need of a renovation.

RickSchatz, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear you found our staff to be so friendly. I apologize for the crab cakes. The Mansion is over 100 years old, and we do our best to keep the rich history alive. Despite these setbacks, I hope you enjoyed your evening. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

. meal was ok and waitstaff was ok for the the price u pay wouldnt rsuh back supposed to be able to see water and enjoy a ocenafront dinner if u had binouclars u could

RickSchatz, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear jan489:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meals and the service you received. Unfortunately, Cape Cod Bay is not visible from all of our tables. Upon request and based on availability, we are happy to seat guests with a view of the water. We look forward to welcoming you back for a view of the bay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful terrace in a very upscale resort . Inviting atmosphere and menu. I couldn’t turn down the lobster roll and fries. The lobster roll was overfilled wand is prepared with tarragon and a little too much mayo for me , but still very good . The pork belly tacos were also super tasty .

RickSchatz, Manager at Ocean Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear James F:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dining experience at Ocean Terrace. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the lobster roll and pork belly tacos. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for future meals!