“Best Sea Food around”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Great sea food that is consistently the best there is. We have never been disappointed. All the dishes that make New England sea food famous are way at the top end of the quality range. They have many locations and we have enjoyed eating at several of them. You will not go wrong eating here.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had a good meal. Good service. Nice Place. I had Fisherman's Platter. My brother had clams. Like any excellent chain, they had the whole dining experience down to a science. But .... having been to about every Legal in the US, I found it a bit boring, a bit predictable, etc. I found myself pining away for the early Legals in Cambridge. The chain took out the rough spots and also took out the heart (hate to say it).

1  Thank ATL_JCR
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Was very impressed by the service here - our waiter was funny, helpful and attentive. Food was good, a little bland for my taste, but might have just been the dish I had. Rainbow trout was cooked very well, but I hate when the veggies (broccoli) are just flash cooked - break a tooth on that stuff!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Another fun lunch at Legal. We enjoyed the Rhode Island style calamari, one of our favorite appetizers. Our friendly server, Haley brought extra peppers and lemon, yummy! We each got a salad, Greek and Caesar. The chopped Greek salad was a perfect meal for lunch! Generous portions and tasty.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Disappointing! We selected Legal Sea Foods Burlington for our 25th Anniversary dinner. We actually live in Denver, and chose this particular restaurant and location because we used to eat here when we were first married and lived in Boston. We happened to be here for a business trip, so we met with 6 of our friends for our anniversary celebration. We were so disappointed in our experience. It started out fine, with a helpful server. But, after the food was served, she just disappeared. Never came back to check on us or refill water, and astonishingly, the second we put our forks down, they whisked our plates away and presented us with the bill. No offer of dessert or after dinner drinks, which we had been planning on having. I guess they wanted us out, so we did them the favor of complying. No one was waiting for a table, so it was very confusing. The food was okay- not as great as I remembered. I would definitely not recommend anyone plan a dinner here for a special occasion; I sure wished I hadn't.