“The less i write the better....”
Review of Eastern Inn

Eastern Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Buzzards Bay
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Ended up in this old and run down motel late one night as one of the few with rooms.
It was clean, but but both layout and facility in dire need of updating: The first floor rooms face out into a long enclosed hallway. The Bathroom in the back faces a general dumping area of old mattresses etc...

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Norway_in_Stamford

Reviewed 12 September 2016

DO NOT STAY HERE. Stayed here because it was the only place with a vacancy and not knowing how bad it was. Good thing it was for only one night!! It was overpriced, dirty and kind of creepy. They charge extra if there are more than 2 guests staying, doesn't matter that it was 2 children. In the middle of the night my husband was searching the floor with his phone flashlight because he could hear something scratching under the rug. The only good thing about this place was Sandy's Restaurant right across the street.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank vbreton92
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We only booked here because everything else in the area was full. We were charged over $200 per night for a front desk person with a bad attitude as well as a room that smelled like perfumed disinfectant and stale cigarettes, that had carpet and unstable furnishings that were at least a quarter century old, that had a TV with lousy reception, and a closet area with no hangers. When I asked at the desk if there were any available, I was told that there weren't We wound up going to Target to buy hangers (and we purchased soap, and shampoo while we were there).

The building is falling apart. Broken lawn furniture, cigarette butts, and other forms of litter are strewn about the premises. And there's a very scary bar next door.

This place was so disturbing that despite the fact that I had already paid for the room (you are charged when you arrive) and wouldn't be refunded, I looked for rooms elsewhere.

Unless you're looking for a good location to shoot a horror flick or cop drama, there's nothing good to say about the Eastern Inn. I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven N
Reviewed 1 July 2016

When I returned home, the young man at the desk called to tell me that he added $150 to my bill because I had been smoking in my room. I do not smoke and did not smoke, but he said I had. He said he was in the room and smelled smoke. Basically, he called me a liar and argued with me that I had smoked. My belief is that I left the windows open (as I had found them upon check in) and smoke filtered through the room. The adamance and superior attitude of the young man allowed for no discussion. I feel unjustly accused and maligned.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Gertrudegottlieb
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

This place was absolutely disgusting. It started with the terrible customer service, the were very unfriendly. They also had difficulty finding the reservation we had called and made, they didn't have a room reserved, unfortunately we did get a room. We requested non-smoking but clearly that was not an option as the hall ways reeked of weed and cigarettes. We entered our room to be faced with the same smells and a strong musty odor. Even with the window open the entire time and dousing the room in perfume the smell did not go away. We checked out today and all of our belongings still smell like the place. The shower curtain was stained with God knows what, there was a hole kicked in the bathroom door, the mini fridge was held together with duct tape, there was hair in the bathroom (DEFINITELY NOT MINE) and the sink did not seem to be attached to its pedestal. We were only given one towel for the both of us. Check out time was not made clear to us until they knocked on the door 3 minutes after 11. As we were packing up 2 more people knocked on the door within the next ten minutes it took us to get out, including a very rude house keeper. The only plus side of this place is the bar a few feet from it, very cheap drinks, pool tables and karaoke.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
6.3 km away
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Eastern Inn? Share your experiences!