“Traditional British Pub ! Great Food ! Great Bar Set Up !”

British Beer Company
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Danvers
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Pizza, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

2 of us visited last night. A 30 minute wait for a table on a Friday night wasn't too bad, however we were able to find immediate seating @ the bar & we were welcomed by Brent & Yaz ! 2 twenty ounce pints of Guinness were ordered, properly poured and served @ the right temperature within a few minutes ! Surrounded by several "regular" couples; we soon realized that everything on the menu is great ! The steak & ale pie and the traditional shepherds pie were fantastic and devoured quite quickly ! Fun conversation, attentive service combined with what feels like authentic British Pub devour made for a great time ! Not inexpensive, but we will definitely return here soon ! Thanks !

Reviewed 14 April 2015

I recently ran a Painting Under the Influence fundraising night with the manager of this location. It was a huge success, tons of fun, lots of great food and beer and plenty of space! The restaurant was so easy to work with and all the restaurant employees were excited to be there and be part of the fundraiser which really added to the fun of the night. They made us a special dinner menu that was awesome and you cant go wrong with the enormous beverage list! It is such a fun place in general and this made me even more of a fan!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I arrived around 5:30 on a Friday night, and the bar area was already crowded. I did manage to find a seat and enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich. The sauce was a little on the sweet/tangy side for my liking, but was not a bad choice. The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was excellent! Definitely a busy place, but fun atmosphere and great bartenders!

Reviewed 16 March 2015

My wife and I took our adult son and his family (including two young children) here to celebrate his birthday. There was a very large beer selection (he and I each had a brew we hadn't known before). While waiting for our meal, we visited and the two children colored and were given hand cut chips to hold them over till the meal was ready. (We helped them eat the chips.) My wife said her fish and chips were the best she ever had (we've had them often elsewhere), the bison burgers were unique and very good, and the steak tips were very good. We all enjoyed sampling each other's entrees. Most delightful and unexpected was the chocolate cake for the birthday guy. Not a slice with a candle in it, but a WHOLE CAKE. And a good one, too. We could only eat half and he took the rest home. Server Nancy couldn't have been more pleasant and efficient. She catered nicely to the kids (ages 5 and 9) and us adults as well. Our bill was $102 (minus tip) for four adults and two kids. We're glad we didn't see the negative reviews before dining here. They are hard to comprehend.

Reviewed 7 March 2015

When is a cheese salad really salad a chicken salad? When you order the WENSLEYDALE salad at The British Beer Company that's when. The dish is named WENSLEYDALE (in block capitals on the menu). I ordered it because Wensleydale is one of my favourite cheeses. When the dish arrived I did not recognise it and asked if there had been as mistake as what was placed in front of me was a bog-standard American chicken salad. Apparently a very small quantity of ground Wensleydale had been sprinkled on the salad. Possibly Wensleydale is as expensive as nose candy in Massachusetts as I had a real problem finding where it was. From the description on the menu I had a reasonable expectation to receive a cheese salad and instead got a chicken salad. Cheese salads in the U.K. are served with sliced ham (not chicken). I should have returned the dish but didn't want to wait for a replacement. My wife had the steak salad and really enjoyed it. Last summer we tried this restaurant and I tried the Ploughman's Lunch. This dish was also totally unrecognisable from what would be served back home. We also visited the Portsmouth NH branch (gluttons for punishment aren't we) where we tried the Fish & Chips and the Steak Pie (the pie was disappointing and the Fish & Chips were served with coleslaw, not peas). Note to management; (who are apparently British) go try eating at some of the Irish pubs in the area. At least they have the balls to serve reasonably authentic Irish dishes which, as you know, are pretty much the same as British food). The food served in your restaurants is about as authentic British as a Harley Davidson motorcycle with a Triumph badge glued to the fuel tank.

Been to British Beer Company? Share your experiences!