“Pretty good”

From the Seoul
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I honestly cant tell good korean from bad korean food. It was definitely authentic, although my waitress was not korean, but she knew the menu well. It looks like somewhat of a dive, and it smelled cabbagey (bad), i had the ribs and they were ok. I should have asked for a fork and knife, but trying to up my chopstick game and need the practice. Soup was good. My son had another type of rib entree and it came with scizzors to cut the meat. Strange but it worked perfectly for the task. I would probably go back, but not in any hurry. Korean tv on all day on 2 different screens- funny stuff!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I ordered the Chap Jae. It was fabulous, just as my Korean aunt would make. So fresh and tasty. I can't wait to try the rest of their dishes!

1  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Went here with a friend for the first time and was very surprised at the amount and great taste of the food at this restaurant. They close early, I think at 8 PM, our waitress was very pleasant to deal with and she had made suggestions as to what to order, she was right, the appetizers were a verity of things and quite delicious, when the main dish arrived it was an overfilled plate with mounds of food. If you like Korean food I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank AL S
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Going in to this unassuming place tucked into a strip mall, my hope was to find a hidden jem. Unfortunately, this was not to be. The food was not of good quality, and was so generic that it really didnt read as Korean. I would not recommend it.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

When my Korean-American college roommate and her husband visited us this weekend, we decided to have take-out from From the Seoul for dinner. The bad news was the wait -- we were told 50 minutes, which is long already, but had to wait another 30 minutes beyond that until the food was finally ready. Fortunately, once we got the food home, we all enjoyed it. My favorite was the galbi, beef short ribs, which my teenage son also gave top ratings too. The pork ribs were not quite as good, but not bad. The spicy food lovers in the group enjoyed the spicy chicken and the kim chi, while the rest of us enjoyed the mandu dumpling appetizer and the chap chae vermicelli noodle dish. My roommate, who can cook tasty Korean food herself, declared the meal to be quite good. Especially for Dartmouth, which is not an ethnic food mecca, From the Seoul is a very good choice. Next time we will try a different night of the week and hope for a shorter wait.