Holiday Hill Inn & Suites(Dennis Port)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$78
The Garlands(Dennis Port)
US$134
US$155
US$140
Oceanside Motel(Dennis Port)
US$49
Kingfisher Oceanside(Dennis Port)(Great Value!)
US$194
Pelham House(Dennis Port)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
By the Sea Guests(Dennis Port)
Priceline
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
Priceline
All reviewsoutdoor pooladirondack chairsliving roomcape codhot tubocean frontprivate beachpresidential suitefire pittowel exchangeoff seasonnantucket soundan ocean view roomcomfortable accommodationsnext yearmany yearsdishwasher
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Before you book this hotel, you need to know

1. This is NOT a hotel, it's a timeshare where they rent unused rooms.

2. They DO NOT CLEAN your room while you are staying there. It is only cleaned after you leave.

3. If staying more than a couple days bring shampoo, conditioner, coffee, ... because they are not replenished during your stay.

4. The photos are misleading. The rooms are much smaller than they appear in the photos.

5. If you want a view, book a deluxe or presidential room.

6. If you book with Choice.com or other online services, you may have to change rooms during your stay. I booked a room for 3 nights and the online booking system had us change rooms after the first night. Unfortunately, I was not told this when I booked the room and only found out once I checked in at the hotel. Best to call the resort and specify that you do not want to change rooms when you make your reservation.

7. There are NO elevators, so if you have a problem with stairs, book a 1st floor room.

8. There is NO assistance with your luggage. Pack light as you have to carry it up the stairs yourself.

9. Because this is NOT a hotel (it's a timeshare), none of the normal things you would expect at a hotel this expensive are available. No concierge, no rack of info about the area, no breakfast, no restaurant, no room service, no daily cleaning of your room, no assistance with luggage, ...

10. Wifi is very poor - not a great signal and drops often.

11. Book a presidential room if you want a stove to cook on. Deluxe rooms only have a microwave.

12. They have an enclosed pool, however you have to walk (in my case a long way) in the cold outside air to get to it. Thus in the off season it's not very usable unless you have one of the rooms near it.

13. Love the balcony with the ocean view, but the chairs are so low and the railing so high and thick, I had to stand to see it.

I liked the place and had a nice stay. I am giving them a low rating because:

1. Choice.com booked me in two different rooms for a short 3 day stay and did not tell me. I would have not booked this hotel and looked for another place if I had known this. It's a total pain to change rooms after only one night!

2. They do not make it clear that this is NOT A HOTEL! Online sites and The Soundings should say right up front that this is a timeshare and don't expect the luxury of a hotel. I felt very misled as I was not told this when I booked online.

3. The online photos are VERY MISLEADING!!! Our deluxe room was very cramped. Also it was to have a queen size bed, but it only had a double bed.

4. When I booked on Choice.com I was shown photos of the room that I was booking that had a stove top in the kitchen area. There was no stove top. And the room I was shown was much larger.

5. Pealing paint in the bathroom.

6. The towels in our room were frayed and worn. I've had better towels at Motel 6!

7. The room was to have a pillow top mattress, but it didn't. It was very uncomfortable to sleep on. Not up to the Choice Hotel standards (Comfort Inn) that I am use to.

8. They don't even dump the trash every day. You have to take it to the dumpster yourself. Really! At $200+ a night you have to take out your own trash.

On the plus side, the ocean view was very nice and I like the fact they have their own private beach. It's nice to have a small kitchen, but it's only good for take out or sandwiches, as the deluxe rooms don't have a way to cook anything.

Bottom line, I expected so much more for the high cost of the room. I could have booked a room half the price at another Choice property that would have had all the perks of a real hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a view book a deluxe room. If you want a stove top, book a presidential room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T2028LJjudys
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hello T2028LJjudys,

Thank you for your review of The Soundings. We are pleased you liked the stay and had a nice time. However, we regret to learn that several aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate yoru feedback and we will share your concerns with our team. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Wonderful spot on the Cape. The 2 bed/2 bath suite was just what we were looking for. The only disappointment was the furniture in the living room area was very uncomfortable. A loveseat sized sofa that was stiff and a small arm chair that was not pleasant to sit on. In warmer weather I could see sitting on the deck would be the norm but not in April. Our views were fabulous and everything else in the unit was great. I'd like to go back with my husband!

Room Tip: Go for ocean view in the east or west wing and try for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Hello littletonmom,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are delighted you enjoyed your view. We appreciate your feedback and we will share your concerns with our team. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We had a two bedroom, two bath right on the ocean. The location couldn't be more perfect! There are a ton of restaurants in this area and lots of things to do. The indoor pool is wonderful, warm and inviting. Our two grandsons loved it! The resort is clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. For people with small children, there is a new, lovely playground within walking distance. Although our bedrooms and bathrooms were a good size, the kitchen/dining/family room area was fairly small. However, this is not a place where you want to be inside. This resort has many different room types so check to see what you are getting when making your reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and a deck.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hello Princess095,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are thrilled you found our location to be perfect. We are also delighted your grandsons loved the pool. We appreciate your feedback and compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Decided to go to the Cape before prime season. Beautiful beachfront resort. Offers studio, 1, 3 and 3 bedroom (combined 1 and 2 bedroom) suites with small living room and kitchenette. Public spaces and rooms ALL updated and clean. Indoor & outdoor pools and hot tub. During the season there are a few restaurants within walking distance. Very comfortable accommodations with unbelievable views. We'll be coming back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BlueDevil67
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hello BlueDevil67,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are delighted you found our resort to be beautiful! We are also thrilled you enjoyed the views. We appreciate your feedback and compliments. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at The Soundings and The Breakers several times. I've reviewed each at least once. You'll see that in the past I gave them rave reviews.

First, let me start by saying that you really can't beat the location. And the renovations they've done over the past few years are excellent. They just finished closing in one of the pools and it looks great. I love that the outdoor one is right by the water on the beach.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of evidence of wear and tear in our room this time around. Scratched furniture, water marks on the ceiling, scuffed up walls and worn out tile on the shower floor. No headboard on one of the beds...it just butts up to windows.

We booked the presidential suite with a king size bed. Apparently there are several presidential suites, as this is not the same one I've stayed in before. Not a huge deal, except for the fact that there is no king size bed in this one. We were planning on sharing with our 3-year-old and had specifically booked for a king. I've stayed in presidential suites two other times and both of those had dining areas and full kitchens, but this one does not.

The front desk clerk was extremely apologetic about this and very nice. However, she could not move us to the room we had booked and could not discount our rate.

Overall, I would still recommend The Soundings and The Breakers. I do feel Bluegreen is an excellent company. I am just a little disappointed this time around.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karson962

Hello Karson962,

Thank you for staying with us at The Soundings! We are delighted you have returned to stay with us. We are thrilled you love our location and pools. However, we regret to learn that other aspects of your stay were less than positive this time. We appreciate your honesty and we will share your concerns with our team. We are grateful for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.