“Nice Experience”

Tatami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 May 2016

My husband and I used a Living Social Voucher to try this restaurant. So glad we did. The sushi menu is amazing, with everything being labeled (i.e., what is in a California Roll, etc). Miso Soup was served with every meal, which I've always wanted to try (very good). I liked the fact that you could order sushi by the piece, so you could try several types if one wanted to. They have a nice beer selection, not so much of a wine selection though (not a full liquor license at this restaurant). This is our new go to place for Sushi and Tai food.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Quiet early lunch on a Saturday. Driven by countless times but only recently started getting into sushi.

Small, clean place with friendly staff. Very good value for lunch. About the cost of a McDonalds value meal, I had soup, salad and 8 pieces of sushi that were all delicious! $8.96. I will definitely frequent Tatami for lunch!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

This is our "go-to" place for sushi and other Asian cuisine. The atmosphere and décor are nice, the service is excellent, and the portions are generous. They are open on Mondays too!

Reviewed 17 January 2016

The restaurant is small, bright and colorful. It feels more open than the size would indicate because of the wall colors and light colored seating. It was welcoming. We were greeted at the door and seated right away.
The menu had great variety and we made a few selections from the maki rolls and had an order of sesame chicken.
The sesame chicken was absolutely delicious. The chicken used was flavorful white meat, very tender and was cooked to perfection. The brocolli in the dish (more of a garnish, but had several large pieces placed around the plate) was cooked perfectly as well, looked green and fresh and tasted wonderful.
I had "crazy" maki, which contained shrimp and an advertised spicy sauce. The sauce was not overpoweringly spicy by any means, just added a nice flavorful touch to the dish. The maki was cut into 5 large pieces and was delicious. My husband had a tempora salmon maki which had been cooked. He loved the cream cheese and salmon combination which was served still warm and was very flavorful.
Our waitperson was very pleasant and water was refilled promptly each time our glasses were half empty. We were asked several times if everything was ok and never felt rushed during the meal.
The sushi bar is front and center with a small row of seats for diners and it is entertaining to see the chefs create the rolls and make artistic plate presentations. I noticed as we dined there were several take out orders being picked up, so the restaurant does a brisk take out business as well.In all, a very pleasant experience at this restaurant, we definately will be back to dine and take out!

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

My husband,daughter and I had wanted to try this place, based on all the reviews we've seen. Excellent service, and the sushi was delicious and well presented. It's a nice addition to East Bridgewater!