“Delicious”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mario's Cafe Ambiance
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Lovely evening. Large, roomy bar out in center of office complex. It works. Very comfortable. Dining area is cozy and romantic. Food was very good. The red sauce is great. I've had the chicken franchise twice now and it is excellent. Plenty to bring home as they give you two, good sized chicken breasts. Pasta and veggies are served family style and a salad is included.

2  Thank MercJK

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I called and got a reservation for 4 people, when we arrived we were seated immediately. Emily took our drink order and was back in less than 5 minutes with our drinks, they were all full pours and excellently mixed. The specials were presented after we had time to relax. We ordered and almost immediately our delicious house salads were served. After a reasonable amount of time our appetizers were served--all perfectly prepared. Emily came a short time later to ask when we wanted our entre. The main course was delivered and each dish was perfectly prepared, piping hot and extremely generous portions. We were never rushed and finally dessert. Again a varied selection of great desserts. The worst part of the experience was when we were finished and had to leave.

2  Thank Jay L
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Springfield's loss is East Longmeadow's gain as Mario's Cafe Ambiance secondo enters its 2nd year in its revitalized location. A long time Springfield Italian dining staple is a challenge to find off the infamous East Longmeadow rotary but well worth the effort ("60 Shaker Rd." on your gps). Once found in "East Meadow Shops" you'll enter the mall area and walk directly in to a spacious, fully stocked bar that is most welcoming and uniquely isolated from the more intimate dining area.
It's perfect for just cocktails or waiting to be seated in the dining area. However we didn't sample as we were warmly greeted and seated promptly for our Saturday night dinner reservation.
The decor is not East Longmeadow but more like its adjacent unmentionable sister Town or NYC. It's simple, stylish and elegant per my professional decorator spouse. Our server, Karen promptly filled our water glasses, took our wine orders, suggested a delicious bruschetta appetizer to share, and recited the night's specials while we leisurely perused the menu with our old friends. Our mostly Italian heritage familiarized us with most of the dinner selections but my gourmet chef spouse noted the fine print which revealed the uniqueness of Mario's chef's preparations. Our friends chose the tempting swordfish special but we opted out as we just returned from having same at the Cape. Our mistake! The swordfish was an inch and a half thick and simply perfectly prepared. Our choices both included veal which is rare in our Georgia hometown and pounded out thin for both our "Romano" and "Saltimboca" creations. My Saltimboca was veal medallions simmered in a house special sauce, layered with prosciutto, cheese, sliced hard boiled eggs and garnished with a Georgia peach half (coincidental?). All entrees are served with a generous, cereal bowl size salad including all the fixings (even chick peas) and a house Italian dressing, plus seasonal vegetable (ours broccoli) AND pasta (of course). Take home is traditional but our Senior appetites and good intentions prevented us from choosing from "Nina's" homemade dessert selections of carrot cake, cream puff extraordinaire, or cheesecake, cannoli or chocolate creme brûlée.
This second course location (secundo) easily surpasses its first course (primo) and will be at the top of our list when we next return to our Massachusetts hometown!

1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We moved away, but come here to meet with old friends. The drinks are always very good, and the food is tasty and lots of it. The service was excellent, and they have the most personable and witty waitresses you could hope for.We started with bruschetta and spaghetti pie as appetizers. The brisket was excellent, but the pie was a little dry and heavy for an app. The hazelnut crusted scrod rated an excellent from my wife. My veal therese was very good but the sauce was a little sweet. I'm a big eater but the portions were so generous that we regrettably had no room for desert. Overall a very good restaurant and we will return on our next visit.

2  Thank mauricedullea
Reviewed 5 June 2017

My husband and I visited Mario's Cafe Ambiance for the first time, on recommendation of friends - we are so glad we took their advice! We started with Mario's Garlic Bread - yum! My husband had the house salad which was colorful and fresh (and he said very good) and I had tortellini soup with a delicious house made broth. For dinner, I had Pennette a la Veneto (penne, sliced Italian sausage, mozzarella and marinara sauce - baked) and my husband had Veal Francaise. Both of our entrees were delicious, and cooked perfectly. Sometimes in Francaise sauce all you taste is butter or lemon - this was very flavorful and with nice consistency. The marinara sauce was rich and delicious. We loved the family style service of pasta and vegetables - fortunately they ran out of broccoli, because the carrots flavored with pineapple were scrumptious. They have a nice list of reasonably priced wine - we got a wonderful Argentine malbec for $38. All food is prepared in-house, including dessert. We shared a dense, moist, flavorful slice of carrot cake. We had plenty of food leftover to take home. Our waitress, Donna, was so helpful and friendly. She was able to answer all of our questions, kept our waters filled, paid just the right amount of attention, and left us smiling. Donna is a real asset to Mario's and I trust she is appreciated by management! We can't wait to return.

2  Thank mrsclean58