Town Crier Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Viking Shores Motor Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$88
US$70
US$139
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod(Eastham)(Great Value!)
US$119
Blue Dolphin Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$56
Cove Bluffs Inn(Eastham)(Great Value!)
US$85
Midway Motel(Eastham)
US$88
US$86
Wellfleet Motel(Wellfleet)(Great Value!)
US$79
Official Site
Southfleet Motor Inn(Wellfleet)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$120
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownerretractable roofcape codno frillsbay beachesthe location is perfectnauset light beachoff seasonmotelmicrowavefirtchatham
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We loved the location. We were close to the great national seashore beaches and the ponds and bay beaches. Close to Provincetown and Chatham. Great central location and close to a lot of golf. The rooms are clean and recently upgrated. The beds were top notch. The included breakfast was excellent. The pool was beautiful and indoor outdoor so it was nice on the one rainy day. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful. We will be back and and send my friends there.

Room Tip: All seem to be good
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
TownCrier8, Owner at Town Crier Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2015

Thirty years when my husband and I were searching for a business to buy, we saw the Town Crier Motel and absolutely loved the location. I'm so glad you did too. All of us who work here appreciate kind comments and we thank you for coming and invite you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We chose this motel because of the price range initially. We were in the area for my cousin's wedding, and rather than staying at the ridiculously priced resort, we chose here instead, and were extremely pleased! The beds were a little bit small for us (but keep in mind we are three large people over the height of 5'10".) but we kept the windows open the entire time, due to the wonderful weather while staying. What really made this place awesome was the delicious breakfast. We enjoyed the friendly, and excellent service.. and even better food! Another fun tip about this place as that us having no idea what was in the area, there was a book in a room with local listings (included finding a church to go to.. which we did, thanks!). No complaints, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Hi Amandalizz: After reading the previous review, all of us who work here rejoiced when we read yours and I immediately became less crabby! Our main purpose here is to make sure everyone that stays here is comfortable, well fed, and has some fun. When we get a review like yours it makes our lives worthwhile. Thanks and come back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

Well I waited a year before writing this review and to tell you the truth, the best part of this motel is the beds and the bike path. Other than the great location the place has absolutely nothing to offer. Terrible breakfast...rude owner....requests ignored. The place is old, not updated and pretty much a roadside motel. For the life of me, I don't see how it rates such high reviews. I hate to give a negative review, but its an honest one.

alor

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alor50

I am very sorry that you had such a poor impression of us. Our intention is for everyone to have a great time here and we all work hard to achieve that end. If I offended you, I am happy to apologize and certainly would have at the time if I had been aware of your feelings. I wish you had let us know of your dissatisfaction at the time of your visit and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better. Also, a year is a long time; perhaps some of the things that irritated you have changed.
Hopefully,

Reviewed 9 June 2015

We booked this motel for a soccer tournament weekend this past Memorial Day with multiple other families-pool was unusable due to wet paint on interior walls of pool-water was milky, staff was rude and quite unprofessional (one particular gentlemen). Room décor was extremely dated - especially linens and bedspreads. (pool towels had "pool" written on them with black marker! Breakfast was not worth the money...cooked on small electric burner out in the open. Small fridge was located in old tv armoire - TV on top. Wooden clock not working, bad wooden fish décor in bathroom and tub rust stain noted as well from leaking. Originally overcharged but after a visit to front desk, did get credited appropriate amount.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same. Would never stay here again.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank AMP307
TownCrier8, Owner at Town Crier Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Although we already responded to another Ludlow parent, we cannot allow your review to go unanswered. Our motel has been around a while, like some of us who run it. What you perceive as 'bad decor" has sentimental value for us . The wooden clock and bad fish are examples of my very revered husband's mosaic work, which is visible in every room of our motel. Our breakfasts have been enjoyed by many and require much planning and preparation. The small cooker you refer to is where I cook special omelets, with great enjoyment, for anyone who so desires. The only thing wrong with the pool during your team's stay with us was caused by the boys on the Ludlow team throwing things into it. We took four chairs out of the pool, among other things. Their behavior endangered themselves and everyone else staying at this motel. No one in our employ will ever be required to be spoken to the way you spoke in our office. You and your group will not be welcomed here again.

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

I brought a group of about 40 people to the Cape Cod area for a tour. We stayed at the Town Crier Inn and, even though there was a variety of requests and needs, the owner and her staff were able to take care of everything. The rooms were immaculate, the breakfasts were filling and delicious and the staff made us feel very welcomed. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this place to any friends visiting the area.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marygenevieve

Thank you for the kind words. We really loved having your group here and we had nearly as much fun as you guys did. We'll look for you again soon.
Judy and Joe