“A taste of Portugal”

Caldeiras Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 231 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

If you have ever wanted to taste real, authentic Portuguese food then you should check into Caldeiras. Service is on point, no rushing and great for family functions, don't go alone bring the friends and family.

Great selection in menu.
The setting is open so expect a lot of noise on the weekends. May not be the best place for a quiet romantic night.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I went there on father's day, they had a few specials, but I went with the portuguese steak. The steak was super tender and seasoned just right. They give you alot of food so you don't go away hungry. Then for desert I just this passion fruit, it was like a strawberry mouse it was so good and light. The staff was very friendly, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes portuguese food, well worth the trip.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

What a great place to eat even if it was a bit noisy. Very nice atmosphere. Doria our waitress was outstanding in helping us pick from the menu. I would definitely go back. We shared an appetizer(Ameijoa A Acorian) clams with peppers, onions, sausage in a great sauce. Save your bread for dipping the sauce. Bacalau de Natas was a shredded cod in a heavy cream sauce baked with cheese, potato, onion & carrot.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Last night my wife and I had dinner at Caldeiras. I thought it was fairly busy for a Wednesday night (it was around 8) (Good sign!) We were seated promptly and our waitress (Britney) took our drink orders and explained the dinner for two option. We went with the dinner for two with shrimp mozambique and baked stuffed shrimp. Both meals were delicious. The dinner for two included a bottle of wine and we were able to take the remaining wine home with us. Britney was a wonderful waitress. we didn't have to ask twice for anything. We will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

POOR FOOD QUALITY, SERVICE, & OWNERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Used to be a great place to eat. It's now way overpriced for the amount & quality of food. We waited almost an hour for our food & when receiving it wasn't even luke warm. I ordered the shrimp combo three ways of cooking shrimp. Baked stuffed, Mocambique and Shish kabob served with fries and rice. I didn't want the Shish kabob & to split the extra shrimp between the other two ways, which they've done in the past. They just gave the same amount minus the extra shrimp that I paid for. My two friends complained the portions were smaller than in the past.

The tall male waited repeated walked past our table never refilling all three glasses of water which were all empty. I had to ask one of the other wait staff for two glasses of water.

The owner walked up & asked how everything was. I told him that my food was cold & that the baked stuffed shrimp was dried out & overcooked & the Mocambique was really spicy, it wasn't in the past.
He told me he was sorry & that was the Portuguese way to cook the shrimp. I've had this dish in the past. It was a lot more, filling the large plate w/shrimp, fries & rice. He walked off saying Thank You.
No let me take something off your tab, coffee's a dessert to take home. I never had management do that let alone the owner of a restaurant
Then we had to wait another 10-15 for the check & had to ask another wait staff for a box to take my cold fries & rice home. She took my plate in the Kitchen & never returned with my food.

I normally never rate restaurants unless it was a truly terrible experience.