“Fantastic dinner for my father's 76th birthday!”
Review of Estoril

Ranked #11 of 231 Restaurants in Fall River
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My parents and I recently ate at Estoril for the first time. I work in the city and drive by often and have always been curious about how it was. I offered to bring my parents out to eat for dinner, for my father's birthday, and he wanted Portuguese food (we are Portuguese). We actually intended to go to Caldeira's, as we were torn between there and Sagres. Caldeira's was closed, due to being on vacation, so I suggested going up the street to Estoril. My parents said lets try it, so we arrived just after five on a Saturday, and were seated. I found it a bit odd there was no hostess station, you simply walk in, which was a bit awkward. Luckily we arrived early, and were seated, without a reservation. Soon after, flocks of guests arrived, and the restaurant quickly filled up!

Service was pretty good, but a bit slow with refills, but our server spoke Portuguese, and was super friendly. We also liked the decor inside and the restaurant had a great atmosphere. We found a parking spot when we arrived but the lot was full when we left.

We had the Mozambique Chicken Wings, which were so awesome, we all loved them, and couldn't stop talking about them! The bread was good too!

For entrees, I had the fisherman's pie (scallops, cod, and shrimp) covered in bread crumbs. I enjoyed my dish, but some butter on top (as it said on menu), would have been better, as it was a tiny bit dry. The seafood itself tasted great and there was so much of it! I did find several bones in the Cod though which was disappointing. I was served a large plate of fresh cut portuguese fries, as my side, and we all ate them, and thought they were delicious!

My father had the Paelha, which he enjoyed for the most part, and it was pretty big! He doesn't like mussels however and thought there were too many calamari rings compared to amount of other seafood. He put a large dent in it though and enjoyed himself!

My mother had the pork aletjana, and wished she had gotten one of our entrees, as he thought the pork wasn't tender. She liked the sauce, potatoes, and Littlenecks, but she makes better more tender pork in this dish at home. She said she wished she had tried the chicken or shrimp Mozambique instead!

Overall, we would likely come back some day, especially for the wings, which were amazingly good. We will likely try different entrees though.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The food here is fresh, flavorful, authentic. Nice atmosphere, great prices, staff is knowledgeble and offer great service. No need to say more.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food is absolutely delicious. The atmosphere is great. Plus they have a gluten free menu and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I have always loved this place but they are slipping. The service is always backed up I think they need more help.The food is very good and reasonable. The chairs are old and rickety even though they are smaller then I like now you kinda feel a little uneasy to sit in them.The big leather couch is old and terribly ripped very unsightly. If people aren't comfortable they will loose business and I would hate to see this place not stay open.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant many times, always enjoyed myself. This was our last visit here. We arrived on a Saturday night and were told it would be an hour and 1/2 wait. That was fine with us we sat at the bar, bartender was very good. She did run out of glasses and had to wait about 20 minutes for glasses. The waitress kept updating us, we would have a table soon and were not forgotten. At some point our wait time was 2 1/2 hours. The waitress said our table was ready soon and for us to give our order to expedite matters. After we gave the bartender our order the female owner said she had 2 tables for 2, we were waiting for 1 table for 4. We requested our bar tab as we had enough. The waitress said there was a table opening soon for 4, we had enough. On our way out the female owner turned to my husband and said next time make a reservation. She never apologized for misleading us instead insinuated it was our fault for the wait. The restaurant looked understaffed and running out of glasses is very poor for a business that has operated for years. Very sad