“Delightful Portuguese Restaurant”

Ranked #12 of 231 Restaurants in Fall River
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Portuguese
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Had dinner here over the holidays. My first time in a Portuguese restaurant. The service was fantastic and the food was to die for! I had this delicious soup and my bf had the steak plate. Fabulous food, great prices and just a wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Friends introduced us to this fine establishment years ago and it was a wonderful dining experience. The only reason why we hadn't returned until now is that they do not offer my fav Portuguese dish (Bacallau Gomes Sa). Recently, other friends went and raved about it so we decided to return (albeit they still don't have my fav). There were 3 of us and all enjoyed our meals immensely--St Michael steak was done to perfection and they agreed to substitute Portuguese fries for the regular fries. Even the egg was perfect. My dining partners both had the pork alentejana which they ranked among the best. Their house wine was very good as well. My only criticism is that the chocolate cake that was ordered was very dry--even if you pressed the frosting down, it didn't "give"-it cracked. The flan was way toooo sweet for my taste (too much caramel sauce perhaps). The cleanliness, our waiter, the entrees, all superb!!!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

If you are in the mood for authentic Portuguese food cooked to perfection this is the place for you. The menu has many Portuguese favorites served in a warm friendly atmosphere by a staff that cares about your experience. The owner Augustine "Gus" is an extremely nice gentleman who wants his patrons to truly enjoy their time in his restaurant. As a "regular" American who grew up eating traditional American cuisine I have come to appreciate many previously unknown dishes. This restaurant is definitely worth trying if you are in the mood for great Portuguese cooking or if you are ready to try something a little different. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

We found Terra Nostra after receiving recommendations from some local folks. What a great place! The restaurant is clean, the staff is friendly, and the food is exceptional.
After being seated our waitress, Fatima, brought some rolls, butter, and a spicy shredded pork spread that was fantastic.
I had the Terra Nostra steak and a glass of the house red. The steak was perfectly cooked (rare) and the sauce was delicously spicy as well. The wine was surprisingly good, very smooth and drinkable, just what I expect from a Portuguese red.
Mrs. SailorBear had the scallops and shrimp and was equally delighted.
The flan for dessert was very creamy and the perfect end to a great meal.
I should note that the appetizer I had, the raw clams, contained bits of shell which is evidence that whoever opened them was unfamiliar with the process. Perhaps the person that usually does it was off that night? It was the only flaw in an otherwise perfect meal.

1  Thank SailorBear
Reviewed 10 February 2015 via mobile

Saturday nite, 4 couples. We wanted authentic Portuguese, and this place was recommended. Apps (calamari and chourice) was excellent and reasonable in cost. Main courses looked tremendous, I had the octopus, wife had the Portuguese Steak, both outstanding. Right parking, but all else spot on.

1  Thank Nicho29