“One week in June”

Mariner's Point Resort
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had a ocean view room but on the first floor. We exchanged into this and it was a one bedroom and other than being small it had pretty much everything we needed.

The internet wasn't working the week were there and the only solution they gave was to call a 800 number which we did. They said they would come and look at it but never did as least as long as we were there.

The size is the other issue with staying here, even thou it was a one bedroom it was really only big enough for two people. My wife and I found it comfortable enough for the week but didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

The area it is in is pretty good for walking around and there were some nice restaurants and a public beach steps away. We would stay there again as long as it was a one bedroom and it was just the two of us.

Room Tip: The end rooms of both buildings would be your best bet for a ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I shouldn't be spilling this secret, but it is not fair for such a nice timeshare and staff. I have to confess that I booked this resort through Interval international cause nothing "nicer" was available. This was our first time in the Cape for my girlfriend, her son, my husband and I. We arrived at Mariner's, in Falmouth, and were very excited when we realized how close our accommodation was from the beach. We could see the ocean from the parking lot. We were greeted for the nicest front desk person I've ever met, a lovely girl named Kasenenia, who treated us as if we were family. She explained the abc's of the resort, showed us the fantastic community kitchen they have, and told us "anything you need, please let us know". Indeed, we needed some little things during the week and it was always happily restocked. During the week, as much as I could, I would go down to chat with Kasenenia, she was relatively new in town, but let me know what she had learned about it so far. We were given a 1 bedroom apartment (unit 36). Yes, the bedroom, living/dining/kitchen area, bathroom are much smaller than most of the timeshares we usually stay in (most Marriotts), but it fit us and furniture was confortable; unit it was spotless, and had that bright, airy ambiance typical of the ocean’s closeness. Then, we stepped out in our deck, almost as big as the apartment, and saw what would be our one million dollar view for a week, an emerald, infinite ocean in front of us. We were speechless and were joking that we should sleep in there (we didn't). One of the vivid memories we all have from our Cape trip, are the two dinners we had in that memorable terraza. I was on a mission, along with my party, of visiting and sightseeing as much as we could in the Cape. Usually, we left after breakfast and came back past 9 pm, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the resort grounds, but when we did, we truly enjoyed it. The resort is modest but it has some charming features and a subtle Cape Cod blue in the exterior walls. There is a beautiful park on the grounds (I think it is part of the timeshare) called Kite Park with tables and chairs, and lots of squirrels we chased and played with. Time share was almost full, but it was quiet. We only had one opportunity to interact with a small group. There is a small pool that looked inviting but we didn’t have time to swim. The resort is located in a nice area with beautiful houses called Falmouth Heights, only a short walk to the ocean, private beach and waterfront restaurants. Also, a short bicycle ride to Falmouth village and Woods Hole. Thank you Mariner’s Point and Kasenenia for an unforgettable stay in the Cape.

Room Tip: high floors better for views
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nadine G
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I brought my two children, ages 8 and 9, to stay over Columbus day weekend. I had to change my dates within a week of our reservation which they allowed me to do without fees. Check-in was fast and extremely friendly. Our room was very small, much smaller than I expected even with a Murphy bed. I had to move furniture in to the tiny kitchen just to put that and the sofa bed down. Heated pool and spa tub were very nice. The location is wonderful with a nice view of the ocean. I would gladly stay here again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank krichard18
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute getaway before summer ended. We researched places and somehow he picked this place. We arrived, and checked in at the office. The woman at the front office was terribly rude. She didn't greet us and stared at her computer before even acknowledging that we were there. She just asked for a Visa or MC and didn't even ask for his name or look at his card. I noticed she swiped his card a few times and then asked for his name (isn't it on the card?) THEN she became super friendly and apologetic after charging his card the incorrect amount several times. She said she thought there was only one check in that day, but clearly there wasn't. She voided the transactions and said that she refunded it (still processing 3 days later) and tried to swipe again. Froze our accounts bc his card was charged $274 a few times and then she tried to void them... so we had to use credit cards the rest of the trip. Maybe if you greeted us and asked for our last names or had the brain to look at the name on the damn card.

Anyway, the room is OK. But you have to take out your own garbage before you leave and strip the bed of linens or else you get charged $35 because that means they have to clean the room and get off their computer. There was an ice bucket with a card stating "your housekeeper is _________." And it was blank. We removed the card to get ice and the bucket was filled with water. So who knows when the last time it was cleaned especially that no employee had the audacity to empty out the used ice bucket.

The view from the place is great, but the place really sucks because of the service.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 12 September 2016

An older motel that has been bought, gutted, and redone as timeshare rooms. The rooms had Murphy beds and sleeper sofas, small kitchen facilities, with basic amenities.

The rooms were clean, and it was a very short walk to the beach 9which you could see from the courtyard). Also, it was less than 10 minutes walk to the Martha's Vineyard ferry, and maybe a half mile walk to a larger public beach on a main drag.

The rooms did not have wifi, although I discovered later that you could pay a small charge for wifi access. Low price meant it was nice for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: 2 floors, most of the rooms had a view of the ocean from a balcony or courtyard
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple