All reviewsprivate beachwatching the boatsocean breezerooms are cleanno air conditioningvineyard soundthe ground floorsmall fridgemain streetcapeferrylullunits
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I (two kids age 5 and 9, and husband) just got back from a three night stay at Tides, and I would highly recommend it! You really can NOT beat the location. It was perfect for our kids since one is a beach bum and the other not so much. My son could come and go into the room/on the beach at his leisure. No packing or committing to being 'stuck' onthe beach for long periods of time. This made our trip less stressful. The beach is very rocky, but wasn't a problem if you have water shoes, which we all did. It is a small beach, but room to roam, and walking down to the rocks by the harbor was one of my sons favorite things to do. The room was clean and met our needs although none of us were too fond of the pillows. They were really fluffy and felt like alternative down, which seemed 'nice', but they were too fluffy to sleep on. Not a problem per say, we'll just bring our own next time. All the bedding and towels were very clean and smelled very fresh. There is no air conditioning, which I didnt really mind, but it made the room kind of damp (which is understandable seeing as you are like 50 feet away from the ocean- not necessarily a BAD thing), but air conditioning would have been nice to dry things up a little during the day. The breeze and the sounds of the ocean at night was fantastic! We kept our door and window open all night (there is a lock on the screen door which made us feel better about doing this). I could go out inthe morning and enjoy my coffee onthe patio while the kids played on the beach five feet in front of our room. Exactly what I hope for in a vacation. The kids loved watching the different types of boats coming in and out of the harbor. The private beach for the yacht club next door had a small dock kids were jumping off of and a small swing set onthe their beach, I think that would have been a nice addition. But I still preferred being directly on the beach rather than having to pack and walk.
The room was stocked with a nice little kitchenette that included a microwave, toaster, decent sized mini fridge and a coffee maker. As well as dishes and silverware.
It is walking distance to some restaurants as well as the Island Queen farry to Marthas Vineyard. Walking to these places was a terrific way to keep the kids active instead of being cooped up in a car/motel room the whole time. We were able to walk along the ocean on our way to dinner, it was really beautiful.
The owners and employees were all very pleasant and very accommodating to anything we needed.
We had a fantastic vacation at Tides and will most definitely return next summer! A really great place if being right on the beach is your thing!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank EriCsOn22
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay with my mother and two sisters. We had a wonderful time at the Tides. Location and view are second to none. Stepped out to the beach to have our morning coffee and stayed until dinner time. Room was very clean with a small fridge and coffee pot. Bathroom is tiny but met our needs just fine. Have grown up spending summers in Falmouth and have spent time at another pricey waterfront hotel. Never again. The Tides is a hidden gem and a little piece of paradise. If you are looking for luxury look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a true Cape Cod experience close to shopping, dining and with a view that cannot be beat look no further. Grounds are immaculate and building is very well kept. I booked a return trip for 3 nights for my husband and I in August before I checked out. I can't wait to go back ☀️

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I was hesitant to stay here as I was used to always staying at the Innseason's Resort Harborwalk at the end of Falmouth Harbor, but the wife insisted we stay someplace else. Well... she was right. Although dated and typical of many hotels on the Cape it is neat, clean and right on Vineyard Sound. It has no air-conditioning, but the paddle fans and sea breeze seemed to work OK. We rented one that had a small fridge and sink with microwave and coffee maker.
And... falling to sleep with the waves lapping at your door was so soothing... The people and service was exceptional. Wonderful people working there.

Room Tip: First floor is right on the water. 2nd floor has an even better view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Len S
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during my trip from New York to Boston. I absolutely loved it here. The location of the hotel over looking the beach and the sea was perfect. I just wanted to sit on the balcony all day, looking out. First thing in the morning, and last thing at night, it was just so peaceful. The hotel was basic and it was a bit of a walk to the town and restaurants, but I didn't mind that. I was gutted when it was time to move on!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I needed a bed for the night. I came across this place by chance and was pleasantly surprised. Clean, quick and easy to register. Dedicated parking provided. So all good inside the room - now looking forward to sunrise so I can check the place out further outside!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo