““Okay”buffet”

Lodge Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #56 of 110 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We went to the lodge for their dinner buffet. They did have a little welcome show and it was cute but not a big deal if you miss it.

The dinner buffet consisted of Alfredo (no chicken), steak pieces, seasoned salmon, fried chicken, peel and eat shrimp, roasted mixed veggies, sweet potatoes, corn, clams, rolls with butter and the kids menu had mac & cheese, nuggets, fries (really tater tots) and mini pizzas (these reminded me of the microwave bagel bites.)
They also had a salad bar with four types of salads. Cesar, strawberry mozzarella, BLT and garden. The salads were already pre-mixed with dressing on them which the kept the area neat and clean.
They also had a dessert buffet. It had sugar cookies, double chocolate chip, regular chocolate chip, chocolate and vanilla mini cupcakes, Boston cream pie and chocolate cream pie slices.

Overall it was average tasting food. I do wish the food would have been kept at a hotter temperature, by the time we got our food and sat down to eat many of the food items were cool. I would have also liked to see other fruits, besides whole apples. In addition, I would have liked to see a healthier kid protein other than breaded chicken nuggets.

The buffet plates were cleared quickly but we only saw our server twice during our time eating. The servers were definitely more attentive to those tables that ordered from the menu instead of the buffet.

The buffet was 21.99 for adults and 9.99 for kids.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My husband got the $30 steak which he enjoyed. I had a burger which was also good. DD found the sweet potato fries too thin so not enough potato to them.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

You know how you go to Walt Disney World and are always amazed at what you pay for the food and drinks there?

Or even worse, you go to Six Flags in Western Mass. and at the end of the day, the food is almost double the admission?

Well the restaurant here is expensive. For our granddaughters, the average cost of the meal was $8+. We were lucky to get out paying about $12-15 per meal.

Don't get me wrong. The food was very good. It is just that the prices are quite high (especially for breakfast for kids) and selections are limited. Fortunately, there is a Dunkin' Donuts also on site.

You are here. On vacation. It's convenient.

Just wish there was a little more to choose from for less money.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had a $50 voucher to use as was part of the Zulily deal we purchased. The dinner buffet for adults is $21.99 and kids is $8.49 (as of 7/25/17). I opted out of the buffet because there was nothing that appealed to me. For kids, it made sense because it was only 50 cents more than their regular dinner & here they could get a variety like Mac n cheese, pizza bites, chicken nuggets, fries etc. I got the quesadillas which were just average. I would not get again.
The breakfast buffet would have been good if they had fresh food. The mini bagels/croissants/danish were all hard & old. They did have an omlete station and your basic eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, cereal, and fruit (which was watery & gross.)
We are one and done at Great Wolf Lodge, but if we went back we'd probably skip out this restaurant altogether. Being on site it was easy though.

1  Thank Disneylover1012
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The food was better than I expected at Great Wolf Lodge considering the resort was gross. The service is good and the kids liked it.