“Don't bother w/the grilled chicken”
Review of Olivia's by the Sea - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olivia's by the Sea
Cuisines: American
Description: amazing new restaurant in Gloucester, MA that "foodies" need to know about. Had lunch there today and I'd like to review...
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and his parents went here for lunch one day while we were at Good Harbor for the day.

My mother-in-law and I both got the grilled chicken salad. We got different stuff on our salads, she had carrots, I had cukes, she didn't have green peppers, I did and both of us had very over cooked or microwaved chicken, very tough.

I had gotten a sub w/the grilled chicken once before, same issues, but I thought I'd give it another try w/the salad this time.

Not sure if they have it cooked and then just re-heat it or something....

My husband got a BLT and father-in-law got a chicken-salad sandwich and they both enjoyed what they got.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My friend and I went there for dinner and had excellent seafood outside on the deck. We were so impressed that we went back for breakfast the next morning. The staff and owner were very friendly. Would highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank megmiller1
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The restaurant changed ownership in March 2013 and has a slightly different name but they offer an awesome breakfast. There is a varied menu with at least 2 specials.They also serve lunch and dinner but we only went for breakfast. The restaurant is clean and modern with plenty of free parking. Olivia's features a large outdoor dining area for all meals..

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Decided to try Olivia's again as it is under new ownership for the second year in a row. Ordered a Scallop Platter, Shrimp Boat and side of Onion Rings. My main complaint is with the Scallop Platter which at $19.95 was a miserly plate of mostly fries (frozen, bagged), a little tub of tasteless chopped cabbage which was supposed to be cole slaw and count 'em...7 scallops. I know scallops have gotten more expensive, but seriously...7 scallops?

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We didn't actually eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on the food. I can tell you it was a Thursday night, it was 7:00 PM and there was absolutely NO ONE in the parking lot. I was still curious so I went in to see what the menu looked like. It is counter service. I thought it was quite expensive for counter service. It made me uncomfortable that no one else was eating there so I left. It did look very clean!