“Online menu not same as restraunt now”
Review of Olivia's by the Sea - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olivia's by the Sea
Cuisines: American
Description: amazing new restaurant in Gloucester, MA that "foodies" need to know about. Had lunch there today and I'd like to review...
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Delicious new food, went there expecting the old menu but now I learned it's under new ownership again, now called olivias at good harbor, I got a cup a haddock chowder and a lobsta roll and it was amazing! Atmosphere and staff were also amazing. Definitely will be back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

New, spacious restaurant serves up New England, American food. I had a ham, eggs, toast and home-fries breakfast. It was OK, but, not anything to write home about.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restaurant has changed hands several times recently, but I like this version. It is very like the old, popular Amelelias. We had delicious haddock chowder, and shared a fried haddock plate and onion rings. They are hand cut and dipped and were not greasy at all. Yum.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Plenty of parking and very friendly staff. The place is very, very clean. I ordered the squid platter, and my wife the oyster platter. All of their seafood platters are fried, and they have subs and salads as well.

I have to say that the squid / calamari was great. I mean it tasted very good, and was cooked perfectly. I enjoyed it, and it cost a few dollars less an no tip than it would have at other restaurants in town. The fries were ok, nothing to write home about, but were better than the Seafood grille we went to yesterday. My wife like her oysters and neither of us could finish out plates. They gave us plenty of seafood and fries. I finished all my squid, but not the fries. My wife couldn't finish her oysters.

No going in, that you will order at the counter and then sit down with a number and wait for them to bring out your food. You grab your own drink out of the fridge next to the counter. You throw your food away in the trash cans when you are done. It isn't a fancy place, but it did deliver good food for our dinner and we would go back again!

Can't talk about the other food that people discussed in their reviews, but if you know what you are getting into, I think it is a good place to go.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

It was attractive from the beach road, there was plenty of parking, the service was prompt and friendly, but the food was so-so and cost more than I expected.