“Decent Food, Poor Service”
Review of Dragon Light Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dragon Light Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Dragon Light isn't a bad place to get Chinese food. It's right off the rotary and very convenient. I've been going there since I was a child so it's almost a Gloucester institution. They're open very late and serve alcohol so a lot of people go there for late night Chinese. I recently went out to eat with my father and he wanted Chinese so we stopped here because they have a really nice seating area. Well, the service has really gone downhill. It took three tries to get our order served to us correctly. They finally got his right and I had to wait about ten minutes to get mine as they gave me a totally different meal than what I had ordered. Kind of awkward to sit there as one person chows down and then get yours when they're just about finished; I ended up taking most of mine home. I didn't feel they were very apologetic about the mix ups and one girl even laughed which irritated my father. I probably won't return any time soon as there are much better Chinese food options in the area.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I will own that I'm not a fan of Chinese food. But I'm *really* not a fan of Dragon Light. I usually get by when my friends want Chinese by indulging in crab rangoon & soup -- rangoon was cold & greasy here. Soup is much better at the take-out on Maplewood, Ocean Garden.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

This Review is about the Original Dragon Light Restaurant located in IL.
As far as I know, this is the only one. The original Dragon Light Restaurant.
As for the food. Is the Best in Will county IL. If you want something equal to
it you have to go into Chicago China town.. ( that may be too far for some of you :P )

Reviewed 14 May 2010

This is absolutely the WORST chinese food I have ever had. My family barely ate the food we ordered, and didn't bother to bring it home. I can't explain what the exact problem was, but the food just tasted BAD. ALL of it.

Honestly I didn't bring the leftovers home for the dog because I didn't want himn to get sick.

I'll give this much, though...it was cheap.

2  Thank hk321
Reviewed 1 September 2009

A couple of decades ago, my sister frequented this place when she lived in the area, and on a recent visit to Cape Ann, we went in here for appetizers for old times' sake. The food was disgusting, the wine had turned, the atmosphere was non-existant, and the service wasn't good either. I can't imagine how this place stays in business.

2  Thank GinaP108