“Ok venue”
Review of The Arts Block

The Arts Block
Ranked #32 of 63 Restaurants in Greenfield
Description: A delightful new arts megaplex...4 floors and two beautifully restored buildings in downtown GReenfield. The Arts Block is something to celebrate. I would be happy to write a review of the recent brunch I enjoyed.
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

If you are seeing a show get there extremely early. We bought tickets for a show last nite and when we arrived the place was packed with people, the room had tables and chairs however there were no open spots for us we were told there was a back room but to get there we had to ask about 10 people along the way to please move their chairs so we could squeeze and I mean squeeze by to get to a back room mostly obscuring the stage with a brick wall there someone brought a few chairs for us and our vision was limited to a brick wall with small openings. I found a back way to get to the ladies room and saw about 15 people standing room only near the entrance, for 15 dollars a ticket I believe they should not oversell the capacity to be left after paying that to either viewing a brick wall or standing for the next 3 hours. It is unacceptable therefore we will refrain from attending shows there or recommending it to others.We left at intermission.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

My son and I were passing through lovely Greenfield at sunset on a recent chilly Saturday night during his fall break from Georgia Tech. We felt hungry and wanted something unique to New England but also quick so we could soon reach our southern Vermont hotel. The lighted window sign for Smithsonian Chowder House Cafe caught my eye, and it looked just right. It was - had a nice variety of homemade soups and sandwiches. I got a chicken pot pie stuffed popover roll, my son got a grilled cheddar sandwich, and both of us had the lobster bisque. Everything was fresh, warm, and delicious. The popover was especially unique and they had several different fillings available. Service (order at the counter, pick up food, and seat yourself) was simple, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very cool and very good priced. There is a soup kitchen attached that's open most days and on most Thursdays and Fridays a show of some sort with a great and nicely priced dinner. Lots of fun and very well done!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

It's amazing what's been happening in this block. I love browsing at the Raven used book shop, having an iced coffee in summer at Greenfield Coffee, and hope to get to the Magpie soon! It's too bad this is such a busy intersection, because it would be nice to be able to sit outside here but the corner seems too busy with traffic.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

The Arts Block has been growing over the past few years and has started offering more and more events as time has gone on. Locals who have a chance to choose upcoming events are rarely disappointed. If you are passing through though it is a hit or miss, since their schedule is sporadic, and offerings very eclectic.

1  Thank Joseph V