“Growing Pains...but worth another try”
Review of Seven Sisters Market Bistro - CLOSED

Seven Sisters Market Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Farm to Table
Reviewed 8 October 2013

When me and my wife, child, and grandfather went out to seven sisters market bistro we instantly loved the decor. When we sat down, the service was slow. We agreed that the food was pretty good. My daughter loved her burger but thought the bun was way to big for its tiny stature.
While we were eating about 6-7 small parties entered. They waited to be seated for about 15-20 minutes but didn't get seated so they all left after a period of time. I felt bad for them because their presence was never addressed. My pulled pork was tasty as was my spouse's My 1/2 of ribs. My child complained a bit about fat in her burger. I loved the market side of the restaurant, but learned it was closing. Even though the waiters were nice we were frustrated about the slow service.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Me and hubby saw the bisons outside and decided to stop to take pictures. Soon we noticed a lot of people being seated inside the bistro, apparently having a very good time, so we decided to drop in for lunch.
While the place is not much to look at (the high chairs can be a turn off for some), the staff there was polite and pleasant, tending to us quickly.

We started with the nacho appetizer, which was good portioned, and very tasty, this unique and sweet flavor.
The hubby ordered a buffalo burger with fries, and I ordered the Shaved Rebellion (shaved prime rib with brie and caramelized onions and au jus on the side). I wasn't expecting much, as any other places, shaved meats are bland and tasteless, but boy was I wrong.
Not much later, in came this visually stimulating, saliva inducing artsy sandwich with a giant heap of french fries on the side. I took a bite, and OMG! Never had I eaten a tastier sandwich than this! Even hubby demanded a bite, and agreed that it was the best thing ever!
His burger was pretty good too, but we agreed my Shaved Rebellion just stole the day.
We liked the fries (minor personal nitpick was their shape, we prefer our fries long and thick, while these guys were small and thin, but still good. The homemade ketchup was a nice touch, but too sweet for us. We prefer our chemical, sodium laced, factory made ketchup, lol).

The only minor setback were the waitresses making too much noise while cleaning up the tables, clinking the silverware and dishes rather loudly.

The price was very reasonable, about 35 dollars for 1 appetizer and two meals, with filling delicious portions!
We'll be definitely stopping back here in the future!
***I just started to crave Shaved Rebellion right now... It was so good I can't stop thinking about it!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were so excited to try this place & have been back twice, but, we are done! You cannot relax here as the chairs are so uncomfortable, they put you in a bad mood right off the bat. The feel
of the place is confusion & inexperience. The menu is sparse & over priced, especially for the size of the portions! I wish they would get an experienced staff to turn this place around!

1  Thank blondy460
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Ordered 1/2 rack of ribs. They come with fries. I asked if I could have mashed potatoes instead. Was told there was an extra charge, fine. Bill was charged for a full order of mashed side $3 to the price of the rib dish $9( includes fries). Mashed were flavorless bland cold. Had to wait and send them back. They did not serve with side of butter. Had to wait for that.

No smooth timely flow.

Ribs luke warm outside cold inside. Added sauce not cooked with ribs, cold. Tea, luke warm, wait to replace, refill same issue, wait to replace.

I took most of the ribs home with the overcharged flavorless mashed to cook and flavor myself correctly. Should have asked for the fries to take home, since I paid for them too!

Meat and sauce even though served not even warm is tasty.

Proper charge etiquette for potato substitution $1.

1  Thank cavegrl777
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife & I along with her sister decided to try this restaurant along busy Rt. 9 in Hadley, MA. we were seated quickly and given menus by our waiter. It got a little busy and perhaps they were not adequately staffed but we had to ask a busboy to find our waiter for us. After we put in our sandwich orders, we waited for nearly 45 minutes for our sandwiches to arrive. All the meats in the sandwiches were bone dry, then the waiter arrives and asks "worth waiting for?" And leaves without waiting for our response. Mediocre food, poor service and somewhat over priced- I would strongly suggest finding an alternative!

1  Thank Rene L