“Something new and different”
Review of Seven Sisters Market Bistro - CLOSED

Seven Sisters Market Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Farm to Table
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to stop for lunch in Hadley and decided to give this restaurant a try, rather than going to a chain restaurant. There were a few people at the bar when we arrived and we weren't sure what to do, but a waitress soon appeared and told us we could sit anywhere. Service was very prompt. I ordered the buffalo chili, which I personally thought was the best chili I have ever had. Tasty and a little spicy with a layer of cheese on top and nacho chips on the side. My husband had the buffalo burger and salad. The burger was cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor. The salad was very fresh. They did offer us dessert which sounded delicious too, but we will save that for next time. We will definitely be back with our kids.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The restaurant was almost empty so we expected service to be fast. The waitress was very friendly and efficient but it did take over twenty five minutes for our order to arrive (two buffalo burgers, one beef burger and a tuna steak). The burgers were average. As other reviewers have noted, the meat was dry-ish and the fries were not hot. However, there was an excellent selection of good beers and the two we had were very tasty.

Others have commented on the chairs being uncomfortable, probably related to the high tables in the main restaurant. We were seated at one of two lower tables in the back room. These were fine and looked much more comfortable than the higher tables.

The restaurant was clean, spacious and well decorated but there was an unfinished feel to it. Hopefully this will improve as time goes by. Well worth a visit for the beer, but the food and service was average.

Unfortunately we arrived after dark, so we couldn't get to know our buffalos in the field before we ate them in our burgers. Maybe no bad thing!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

A busy Sunday lunchtime, but it seemed like they weren't ready for the crowd. My wife had the Bison Burger and although I ordered the Smoked Turkey BLT, they were out of turkey and asked if I would mind smoked ham instead. I said fine, and both sandwiches were very good.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were headed into Amherst and decided to stop off at Seven Sisters for a Sunday afternoon lunch. The first we did is go out back and watch the buffalo, they are impressive. The menu for that time period included the starters and lunch menu, the Entre section was not being served. The bistro area is bight, with large windows and a high ceiling. The seating is utilitarian with high chairs, not the most comfy, more like a ware house. The craft beer selection, on tap, was outstanding for a concise bistro and included local offerings such as Wormtown Be Hoppy and Jack's Abby Hoponius Union. While enjoying the brews we ordered the Pork Quesadilla and the Smoked Turkey BLT on Rye, swapping out the fries for a Caesar salad. The food was adequate, the BLT being more hearty and flavorful than the Quesadilla. The chef could bring the spice, and the smoke, up a notch for the pork. Our server was friendly and attentive. Overall, our dining experience was a positive one, though not an outstanding one. The attraction, at least for us, is the buffalo out back, the craft beer, reasonable food and service, and an easy location being on Route 9 before things get really messy closer to Amherst.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

When me and my wife, child, and grandfather went out to seven sisters market bistro we instantly loved the decor. When we sat down, the service was slow. We agreed that the food was pretty good. My daughter loved her burger but thought the bun was way to big for its tiny stature.
While we were eating about 6-7 small parties entered. They waited to be seated for about 15-20 minutes but didn't get seated so they all left after a period of time. I felt bad for them because their presence was never addressed. My pulled pork was tasty as was my spouse's My 1/2 of ribs. My child complained a bit about fat in her burger. I loved the market side of the restaurant, but learned it was closing. Even though the waiters were nice we were frustrated about the slow service.