“Best Around!”

Siam Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 56 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Love this place! Consistently good! Been going for years and years now! The service is attentive, but not overly, and the Pad Thai is SOOOOO good!!

1  Thank ldr1988

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We've been eating here for almost 20 years. We've never been disappointed. Our faves: Siam Chili Shrimp, Vegetable Pad Thai, Siam String Beans, any of the curries with chicken & veggies, Chicken Satay.

2  Thank HazelOLeary
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I feel a bit bad being the only reviewer that does not really like this place. I will also add that I usually give a restaurant two times to disappoint me but I will not have the chance to ever eat here again so I thought I would give my review on only one trip.

First, the service - the service was 2 star at best. I entered the restaurant and there were as many employees as guest and yet I waited 2-3 minutes until anyone even noticed me and asked me if I wanted a table. I suppose they could have thought I was there for take out but they did not ask that either. I was led to a table that was nice and asked what I wanted to drink. When I told them only water you could almost here a sigh. I ordered the Thai Basal spring rolls (a favorite of mine) and after a minute or two the waitress returned and told me the "were out". How are you out of Thai Basal Spring rolls in a Thai Restaurant. I then ordered just the Thai rolls and when they came out I could tell they were made by Sysco, ordered in bulk, frozen and through in the frier when ordered. Ugh. I then ordered my standard dish when I want to check out a Thai restaurant, Pad Thai. I told them to make it a little spicy but I guess they did not hear or they thought what they brought to me was spicy by New England standards. When the waitress brought it out she practically threw the plate on the table, turned heal, and strode off - no questions as to how I was doing or if I needed anything. The Pad Thai lacked flavor, was a bit greasy (actually I enjoy that but some do not) and the chicken was a bit tough.

All-in-all not the best Thai I had but I would give them another chance - just this time they only earned 2 stars.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Siam Cuisine has been our favorite "let's not cook tonight" restaurant for several years. The food is reliably good - last night we tried a dish for the first time, medallions of pork from the 'specialties' page. We are not big pork eaters and it was an experiment - a wonderfully successful experiment. Great flavors and spicing, excellent over brown rice.

The table service has been by members of an extended family. Service is attentive, not intrusive. The setting and atmosphere is nothing special. An amazing coi dominates the fish tank. Prices are fair and the value is very good. They do a big take out business.

1  Thank don_Chewbaca
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I usually don't care for Thai food. I find it greasy and occasionally past its prime, as in cooked and reheated.

I was very skeptical when a friend insisted that we eat here pre-movie. She doesn't do spicy, and I love jalapeno peppers. The menu is marked with the usual number of peppers equals amount of heat scale. Their dishes can be spiced to taste, and the food is flavorful and fresh. Splitting a bland dish and a spicy dish seems to do the trick.

If you don't find a combo of rice or noodles, veg, fruit, protein, sauce that you like, there is a section of the menu that guides you to select your preferred items to create your own dish.. Of course, vegetarian options abound.

As cliched as it sounds, this place is a hidden gem. The people who wait on you are shy but friendly and truly seem to care that you like your dinner.

They have redecorated their dining room and it is very bright on the sunny afternoons that I have eaten there.

I had a bit of a problem with the heavy use of an air freshener-cinnamony scent- on the last visit, but that was remedied by moving from the back booth to the one closest to the door. I think it might have been an attempt to provide a more holiday sort of atmosphere. It made me cough, and might be problematic for people who are sensitive to scent. For locals, ordering to go is an option to work around that problem. This food is so good, that I would have eaten it in the car if necessary!

For peanut sensitive, many Thai dishes have peanuts in them, might not be the best choice of cuisine.

I wish that they would paint the ceiling, and do a steam sanitizing of the ladies room walls and floor. I hope that the kitchen is clean; dinnerware and silverware are always spotless. I am sure that this place is a lot cleaner than most Thai places in Boston or NYC.

Prices are very reasonable. So take a ride out to Siam Cuisine, enjoy old favorites or try something new. Enjoy!

1  Thank PaulsLady