“great local food”

Add it.
Smith's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Holbrook
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Eat here as often as I can. prices are good and the food is GREAT. The only dissapointment is the pizza. If you want home style food , here it is.

3  Thank Keith K

Reviewed 19 November 2011

There aren't that many places to go to in Holbrook. Smiths is good for a quick bite- everyone knows each other there and the wait staff are friendly (tho they can be slow ). Food is ok and prices are ok. Good for cheap, casual dining.

1  Thank KibbyBulldog88
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I have eaten at Smith's since they opened. Usually I get a good meal at a reasonable price and often there are coupons. Today I went with friends and we were, admittedly, a bit boisterous. A fish special with one side and dessert (which I didn't want) was $2.00 cheaper than the menu item that included coleslaw. I asked to switch my free dessert for slaw and after several minutes was informed no substitutions. In an effort to explain to a friend why I couldn't understand the cost basis difference of brownie vs. cabbage I was essentially asked to leave by the owner. I stayed purely because I did not want to further embarras my friends. However, I believe the shame belongs to Maria, the owner, as we were greeted by two other tablesof guests who upon leaving stopped to say they were glad to see we were having so much fun. AT any rate, they have lost my $8-900 per year as well as that of my guests. For a business that depends on "regulars" and "locals", especially in a poor economy, customer service should be considered more seriously. Even filet mignon can be spoiled by a nasty attitude.

2  Thank Robertachef
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I think Smith's is a friendly place with great food. When I went my food was delicious and filling. The service was pretty good, although it took quite a while for the waitress to introduce herself and take our drink order. Overall I thought it was excellent.

1  Thank Amg0997
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Went here for Mother's Day because someone suggested it was a nice place with good food. Party of 9 adults with one child to enjoy a Mother's Day breakfast. My child does not eat breakfast food so we do not order him a meal. He had a fork full of scrambled eggs (from his mom's meal) and a banana and they wanted to charge me for the child buffet. Hostess extremely rude and the banana ended up costing $4.00. I hope management is happy with a $4.00 banana and 15+ customers NEVER returning again.

4  Thank anonymousSouthShore