“Good business due to nowhere else to go -- I'm leaving town now”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smith's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Holbrook
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I have eaten at Smith's since they opened. Usually I get a good meal at a reasonable price and often there are coupons. Today I went with friends and we were, admittedly, a bit boisterous. A fish special with one side and dessert (which I didn't want) was $2.00 cheaper than the menu item that included coleslaw. I asked to switch my free dessert for slaw and after several minutes was informed no substitutions. In an effort to explain to a friend why I couldn't understand the cost basis difference of brownie vs. cabbage I was essentially asked to leave by the owner. I stayed purely because I did not want to further embarras my friends. However, I believe the shame belongs to Maria, the owner, as we were greeted by two other tablesof guests who upon leaving stopped to say they were glad to see we were having so much fun. AT any rate, they have lost my $8-900 per year as well as that of my guests. For a business that depends on "regulars" and "locals", especially in a poor economy, customer service should be considered more seriously. Even filet mignon can be spoiled by a nasty attitude.

2  Thank Robertachef

Reviewed 4 January 2010

I think Smith's is a friendly place with great food. When I went my food was delicious and filling. The service was pretty good, although it took quite a while for the waitress to introduce herself and take our drink order. Overall I thought it was excellent.

1  Thank Amg0997
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Went here for Mother's Day because someone suggested it was a nice place with good food. Party of 9 adults with one child to enjoy a Mother's Day breakfast. My child does not eat breakfast food so we do not order him a meal. He had a fork full of scrambled eggs (from his mom's meal) and a banana and they wanted to charge me for the child buffet. Hostess extremely rude and the banana ended up costing $4.00. I hope management is happy with a $4.00 banana and 15+ customers NEVER returning again.

4  Thank anonymousSouthShore
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I've had nothing but great experiences at Smith's. When I moved to the area, this is the first local restaurant I went to, and what a friendly place!!! I'm not even sure the other reviewer is talking about the right restaurant. The service has been great and the cheesy gooey breakfasts are worth getting up for!

1  Thank norachica
Reviewed 23 January 2007

My family and I live local and heard about this restaurant. So we thought we would try it. It is open for breakfast lunch and dinner (3 nights a week) The place was nice looking but the service was bad. The waitress was friendly and took our order right away. However after she delivered our drinks and took the order we never saw her again for at least a half hour. Other tables that arrived after us got their food first. We even put the kids meals in first. The hostess wasnt to friendly. She didnt even smile when she greeted us. We didnt get the right side orders with our meal but we were to hungry to complain. I would not recommend Smiths. The food had a great presentation but wasnt as good as it looked.

4  Thank HolbrookSally