“A Nice Early Dinner”

Ranked #29 of 216 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located directly "West" of the Cape Cod Mall entrance-way on Rt. 132, And independently owned since 1982, our Mexican Cookery & Bar has been a longstanding gathering spot for both neighborhood locals and out-of-town visitors alike. We offer a full menu of delicious award-winning Mexican & Tex-Mex selections, Southwestern Specialties, Bar-be-Que, Gluten Free and Vegan menu, various Salads, SAMwiches & SAMburgers. We also offer an extensive "Young Juan's" kid's menu with coloring pages 'n crayons
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stopped here for an early dinner on our way to the hotel, at my suggestion as the rest of my party hadn't been to a Sam's before. The food was good, portions were good as well. However, I do have to say that the queso dip really tasted and had the consistency of Velveeta. They could do way better than this!

I ordered one of the specials, of which I forget the exact name. It was a beef burrito with caramelized onions and rice in it, with cheese all over, and refried beans and sour cream. It was very good!

The server was quite pleasant and attentive.

We have someone in our family with Celiac so it was great that the GF options were pretty good here.

I'd definitely go back, just may not order the queso again, but try a different appetizer.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Atmosphere was festive, but we were disappointed with the food. We made minor changes to standard dishes (e.g., no olives in the salad; no ice in the drinks), but these were completely ignored. Bill was higher than we expected.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Sam Diego’s is great! Great food, great drinks and the deserts are wonderful. The fried ice cream is the best! The place is located on route 132 near the Cape Cod Mall. It is all decorated in bright colors, Mexican figures, cactuses, suns and moons... The service is great and you can’t miss Sam Diego’s on your next visit to Hyannis.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We are locals and try to get here once a month or so. Specials are great, huge menu and yummy chips with salsa. Cocktails are good and the taco lunch bar is the best deal in town. You get soups or chili with muffins plus taco and salad fixings for $8! Dinner specials are so good and have huge portions. Ribs, chicken, tacos and more. The bbq sauce is the best and my 13 yo favorite. We have celebrated events like birthdays here and it’s great for a group or date night. Lots of parking and fun decor. If you are new to the area you have got to come to SD!!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Delicious food at a reasonable price. Kids menu could have a little more variety, my sons burger was a little over cooked. My husband and I enjoyed a Burrito & and Enchilada. Cocktails are quite big for a good price & the wait staff were pleasant, friendly and attentive. Will definitely be returning.