“Wow so pretty inside - caught me by surprise!!! ”

Naked Oyster Bistro and Raw Bar
Ranked #12 of 210 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award winning raw bar featuring oysters from the Naked Oyster sea farm in Barnstable. Bistro atmosphere by the bar with quieter dining room in back and wine room downstairs for private parties of 12 to 20. Executive chef/owner Florence Lowell, native of Bordeaux, delivers modern French taste and style utilizing fresh local products from sea and land. Carefully crafted martinis and a well-priced interesting wine list complete the "Oyster" experience. A great place to relax and enjoy food, drink, and friends or for a quiet business lunch.
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here upon the recommendation of a friend, who goes here a lot - buck an oyster on Wednesday’s don’t quote me.
My SO had the oysters, he said they were GREAT!
They were local oysters. From Hyannis.
We sat at a two person high top against the wall next to the lively but civilized bar of patrons, who were all talking with each other though it was clear they hadn’t known each other previously.
All I had was a glass of good wine because I had already eaten at the Ocean Street Cafe and Diner just prior to.
We were just checking the place out.
The front of the restaurant is very l-o-n-g, and somewhat narrow but beautiful, with glass oyster shaped lighting above the bar, each one slightly different from the other, very nice and there are brightly colored clusters of (red orange, color tones) silk ruffled fabric on the ceiling that really lend an air to the place.
At the end of the bar are the restrooms and if you walk past them, you’ll see the more formal and probably quieter and maybe could be romantic dining room, which is wide and square.
Mostly beige.
Restaurant, food, everything was way better than I’d anticipated.
Even the design of the sign out front was (I thought) better than expected.
And guess what?
I heard someone sitting at the bar mention an old restaurant I remembered from the old days in east longmeadow MA, so I went up and told her I knew that place and my SO and I had a nice little friendly chat with the 6 people who remarkably had the roots as we did!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We had not made a reservation, but as the restaurant was hardly busy we were seated....at the worse table. Torn material on the banquette, door opening in freezing temperature, no attempt to take our coats, although others had their whisked away as soon as they descended to their chairs and empty tables surrounding us. Water poured liberally not only into the glass but also on the table. Cocktail spilt down the glass. No attempt made at any kind of great service.
Having said that, if you're just there for good food then it's really good. I just like a level of ambiance alongside the food and expensive drinks.
Next time we'll try somewhere else.

1  Thank kaye612
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Went for lunch yesterday. The duo of tuna was fabulous and as always, so was the Thai shrimp. Fish tacos had nice slightly spicey sauce. Only disappoint was the lobster bisque....pretty bland, thick, but not with lobster. Venessa, our waitress was veryfriendly

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We just had our annual holiday ladies lunch at the Naked Oyster and it reminded us all of why we love this place so much! The atmosphere is lovely and the food is fabulous. Yes, we do have our favorites (the oyster stew!), but there are always new and inviting dishes to sample. We started with a nice bottle of wine and some champagne, and then moved on to our starters, then our entrees, and finally desserts. We had such a variety of food and everyone tasted a little of everything. The roasted squash salad, the flounder, the sushi tuna duo, the 3 course offering, and of course the oyster stew, were just amazing! The desserts offered were just as fabulous, and after exchanging our gifts, "a good time was had by all" was said and we parted ways. I hadn't visited the Naked Oyster since the summer and it reminded me to stop in more often and to recommend it as well!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We came for a getaway and arrived in W. Yarmouth around 5:15 pm. Hankering for scallops and noticing the good reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to try Naked Oyster. The last time I had oysters was when I was in the northern part of Brittany, France. I had fresh, shucked Bélon oysters from the Belon River. That having been some years ago I cannot accurately compare what I had tonight vs. France, but what I had at this restaurant was amazing. I had the six oyster special appetizer (oysters in a mojito mix) as well as Oyster Rockefeller. The baked oysters came out hot and fresh. The raw oysters came on a bed of ice, were fresh and absolutely delicious. My fiancée had Baby Scallops on top of cheese infused mash potatoes. The scallops were succulent and the salad that she ordered was crisp. They put just the right amount of dressing on so as to not drown out the flavors of the salad.
I had a martini to start (The Fig Rum #2) and my better half had a diet cola.
I had a chocolate mousse of sorts with candied walnuts and an espresso drizzle on top. My fiancée had the Orange St. Tropez cake. A warm, light, citrus infused gâteau that came with a homemade whipped cream. All topped off with delicious coffee and sweet cream. I don't know where they come off claiming to be French. If it's the names they use for the food then I guess you can call the restaurant French, but otherwise compared to Citronelle in D.C., this is not French. That being said, it is definitely a place to come back to when we return.