“the best music and dancing waiters”
Review of Vista De Mare

Vista De Mare
Ranked #84 of 203 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Vista De Mare is Authentic South American and Galapagos Islands Cuisine (Ecuadorian), specialized in seafood.
Reviewed 24 December 2015

the vista is a new treat. I have even gone in just for a tropical green tea. lovely atmosphere. friendly respectful staff. I waitressed 25 years so I appreciate good service and tip accordingly. the food is fabulous and I am a published writer so this place will make it into the current book.

2  Thank Holly D

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Excellent food you must come here! The Italian food was amazing better than real Italian food! The server really really friendly they will treat you like your family!

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Of all the places I visited, while on Cape Cod, Hyannis, Hyannis Port, Barnstable, Nantucket, Sandwich and a variety of villages on Martha's Vineyard, I had yet to come across a really good N.E. Clam Chowder Soup - it would really help if there were "Clams" in the 'Clam Chowder'. Vista De Mare changed all that - and for the 1st time on Cape Cod, I experienced the BEST N.E. Clam Chowder Soup ever. The soup was rich, creamy and loaded with CLAMS. My friend had a Vegetable Paella that she raved about all night - so I'd say she enjoyed her dish too. The ambiance of the restaurant is very relaxing and comfortable and the staff are personable. It was definitely one of the highlights of my vacation!! A complete and enjoyable experience.

2  Thank Regina D
Reviewed 2 September 2015

We had the restaurant all to ourselves on a Tuesday evening. Our server, proved to be a great entertainer, who poured out his life story, the history of the restaurant, and about life in Ecuador. Ecuador was rated one of the happiest countries in the world, and it surely came through at Vista De Mare. The family likes to incorporate the best ideas of cuisines of other nations, particularly Italy, and add their own spices and touches that produce some unique flavors you don't find elsewhere.

My companion's Pollo Cubano was an entire half of a chicken baked with tasty spices, accompanied by fried plantains, black beans, and rice. Her sangria was a refreshing fruity concoction. The chef's paella was a mound of shellfish over rice, pepper strips, and peas, delicately flavored. We did not have room for dessert, but we were served complimentary wafer cookies and muscato wine to finish the meal.

There is nothing fancy about the atmosphere, with the exception of fresh flowers on the tables. There is Latin music playing on the sound system. The family that owns and operates the restaurant puts itself out to create great meals and to genuinely engage the customers, entertain them, and make them happy.

1  Thank StarWeez
Reviewed 24 August 2015

While visiting Cape Cod we did not know where to eat lunch. This place looked nice and advertised lobster roll special of the day so we thought we'd try it. Our waiter was awesome. Not only did he help us decide what to eat but also gave us a taste of the day sparkling wine. We ended up ordering it and found it was a great compliment to our wonderful lunch. Everyone working there was so friendly and the food was awesome.