“Good fast food”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Cooke's Seafood in Hyannis has become a Cape Cod institution by serving the highest quality, freshest seafood available since 1977. Walk into Cooke's Seafood and you will know why it has been a local favorite for over 40 years.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We had a good meal here, both of us choosing fish & chips. We English always feel that Americans cannot do fish & chips like the English, but this restaurant comes pretty close. The fish and the fries were excellent. The only small criticism is the throwaway plates, cutlery etc. For the price we would have expected something a little better.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This place was spotless! You order your food pay and then it is brought to you. Huge selection of seafood. Other offerings and kids menu for non fish eaters. Shrimp salad roll delicious and packed to the brim. Fries crispy! Chicken tenders perfectly fried and Cole slaw good. The milk shake out of the world! Yummo! Service great!
This place is a winner! Been there for years. In summer packed and wait out the doors. But it's worth the wait! You won't be sorry if you choose this last to eat!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We were very impressed how clean this restaurant is. Much of the food is fried. Everything is throw away (plates, utensils) We had a problem however is was professionally taken care of. Good location.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've been to Cookes Seafood in Hyannis a bunch of times over the years. If I'm in the Hyannis area it's almost a must-go for me. I say almost because I do like to try different things so I don't go every time I'm in Hyannis. There are two locations so I don't know if that qualifies as a chain or not (the other location is in Mashpee).

As a New Englander I love fried clams and a good clam shack setting. Cookes is not that. It's more of fast food type sting than a newanglandy clam shack setting. Cookes is located on Rt 132 which is one of the main drags going through the Hyannis area so there's a lot of traffic and strip mall type businesses (not exactly what you go to Cape Cod for). But don't let that deter you.

The place is clean, bright with nice decor. There's plenty of booth and table seating. It's counter service with self serve fountain soda (they also serve beer and wine). Once you place your order, they give you one of those pager devices with flashing lights when your order is ready. You don't have to go back to the counter though. The staff will bring your food to you (I think they use the flashing light to find you). The staff is friendly and efficient and the service is pretty quick, There is also plenty of parking.

I've been to many of the fried calm places the cape area has to offer and Cookes os right up there with the best I've had. I usually get the fried clam plate, but the other people I was with got clam roll plate and all meals were very good. The menu is pretty extensive with lots of options. As far as price goes, it's hard to determine as seafood is usually subject to market prices. But I will say, I don't feel like I'm overpaying based on other places I've been.

I would highly recommend Cookes Seafood. It's probably not what you envision as a classic Cape Cod clam shack, but the food and service is very good and the prices fair.

Hope this review helps!

2  Thank F8374PNpaulk
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I had a cold lobster roll and spouse had a hot. Very good. $20 each but worth it. You don't mind paying when it's all lobster and no fillers. Cute little side spot to eat and you buy your potatoe chips as an extra and go outside for your water or soda in a vending machine. There is a package store next door and refreshments are able to be purchased there. Good quick meal on the road.

Date of visit: August 2017