“Yummy family dinner”
Review of Baja Charlie's

Baja Charlie's
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Lee
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the tasty food on their terrace for a family dinner with a pair of margaritas. Service was good and we enjoyed the meal.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from eating here. We had an incredible Caesar salad split for 2 that we couldn’t finish because we wanted to save room for our chimichangas and fish tacos.
We enjoyed the generous portion of cheesy chimichanga made with chicken and black beans. Yum and had to take home half the portion.
But THE FISH TACOS ARE THE BEST WE’VE EVER EATEN! That’s from Mexico to New York. Such fresh fish delicately fried and seasoned. We will go back. We highly recommend our congenial server Wendy as well for being attentive and accommodating. Bon appetit!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

How is it that I'm giving some of the best Mexican food that I've tasted since leaving the California coast a rating of three? Well, let me tell you about Wendy. It all began with my party of four and a half arriving, waiting for the remainder of our party to arrive, in total, we would be eight and a half. We were seated inside the restaurant by Wendy, sat for nearly 30 minutes without chips and salsa or drinks, waiting for the remainder of our party. So, perhaps Wendy forgot but she ended up seating the rest of our party on the patio, which is an easy fix! We'd have no problem migrating, but I wanted to be sure that was okay with the restaurant. Knowing what it is to work in the service industry and as a waitress, this has potential of being annoying, so I approached the topic as apologetic and accommodating as possible. The response was shocking. After apologizing and asking if it were possible to join our party on the patio, I was met with, "Well, is there available seating out there?" as Wendy was addressing a receipt on the register, skillfully never lifting her eyes from her work. I said yes, and with that our table picked up its menus and silverware, being certain to leave as little work possible left for the staff.

So, we made it outside! Wendy's approached the table, her tone changed from when I spoke to her as she stood behind the bar. When she addressed our table, she announced herself as "Wendy, the manager's sister," which I found odd but later would piece together as a very safe title. Our drink order was taken, thankfully, but no chips and salsa, our drinks arrived, but no chips and salsa, our order finally taken, and after being asked for the third time if we could please have chips and salsa AND being met with Wendy's response of, "Yes, I know," our chips and salsa were dropped off. Our food arrived but at different intervals, the final plate arriving nearly 9 minutes after everyone else's, yes, I timed this, at that point I was very aware that I'd be finding myself here writing this out. When everyone was settled and started eating, all was forgiven, the food was that amazing that this experience would just be water on the bridge. And the service wasn't all that terrible, the young gentlemen that dropped off our plates were wonderful! So, everyone finishes up with their food, we're a large party and perhaps it's our bad that we did not specify to split the check four ways, but with the advancement of technology, it's extremely easy these days. Upon announcing that we'd be splitting, Wendy's response, which spoiled the meal entirely, was a mocking snicker followed by, "Of course, you'll be using four credit cards." A tip was automatically added to each receipt, which to me, is odd considering that if you have a large party, yes, gratuity is most certainly added, but if you're splitting the check to two persons per ticket, that's a huge no-no.
My suggestion to anyone that's brave enough to dine here, DON'T, skip the risk of being given Wendy as your server and just get their delicious food to go.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Krystal F
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Family-friendly casual Mexi-Cali eatery on the outskirts of Lee. Short hop off the Mass Pike. Delicious salads, quesadillas, tacos. Eat in or take it to go!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Are you looking based on price, portions, quality, service, then look no further. The place is cozy and festive, but do not walk out empty handed if you can't get a table, do take out (I always suggest to call ahead). It is not unusual for on a busy night that they would do more takeout than table service.

My favorites are their Mederterrain salad with chicken or the burrito bowl with steak. However, whenever anyone switches it up with a burrito or enchiladas, or tacos, all you can hear are the sounds of pleasure with every bite.

Once seated you have chips and salsa brought to the table. Both are excellent. The chips are fried there, and the salsa is homemade. You would want to take a bottle of this chip nectar home, so if enough of us ask, it may be available for purchase soon. Naturally, a margarita or specialty beer helps with your first service request of more chips and salsa.

Next, whatever you order you will compare it against the best you ever had. If it doesn't take over first place, it certainly is in second place. Every aspect goes back to influences from Southern California where the owner spent some time. The food is appropriately proportioned for a filling meal and is ALWAYS consistent.

If you order the Mediterranian salad, you will find a perfectly dressed salad. It amazes me how the size and quality does not very ever. The coating is on each lettuce leaf so all of the other ingredients can stick to it.

During the winter their weekly schedule is shortened. However, during the summer they operate at full blast with additional seating outside. Never hesitate to do takeout, the food travels well, and your only regret is that you didn't bring home enough for the next day.

Frequently you will find a line for a reason, and you will love the food. I have never taken anyone there who wasn't amazed at the food, price, and how satisfied they were when they left. Looking for quality at very reasonable prices, Baja Charlies never steers you wrong. It amazes me that it is not the #1 rated restaurant in Lee yet.

Oh, don't forget that they are open for lunch and dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018