“Always reliable”

Ranked #20 of 61 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Friendly service, generous portions and wonderful Peking duck at readonable prices make this restaurant a very good resource.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Very well prepared Chinese food. Lovely new owners, eager to
please, and they do! Hi quality, low prices!

Reviewed 8 January 2016

I haven't been to Panda House since the change in ownership, so I figured I would give it a try. Nice to see they repainted the front door (finally!), and the interior looked bright and clean. I called in a to place a take-out order, and it was ready right on schedule. I ordered Vegetarian Paradise, which consists of three dishes, (sautéed string beans, mixed Chinese vegetables, and bean curd Sichuan style) and is labeled as spicy. I found the mixed vegetables and string beans very bland and a bit overcooked. The only hint of flavor was in the bean curd, but nowhere near 'spicy'. I was underwhelmed, and likely won't return.

1  Thank Veganvet
Reviewed 2 January 2016

I don't know if Panda House has changed fundamentally in decades. There's a menu of classic Americanized Chinese dishes (with complementary fried noodles on the table) done competently with choice of white or brown rice. Prices are reasonable to my big city eyes.

Will this place blow your mind in taste or authenticity? No. Will you get "classic" Chinese food that tastes good? Yes.

1  Thank Benjamin C
Reviewed 25 December 2015

I have watched the portions at this restaurant get smaller as the prices get higher.
I think they get away with it because there is not much competition in this type of cuisine. On a recent visit I ordered one of the "holiday specials," soft-shell crab.
It consisted of small pieces of crab -- I doubt it amounted to one crab -- which did not satisfy. It was served with some tiny pieces of onion, sauteed, several pieces of broccoli which were cold, and a scoop of rice. What really annoyed me was that, after the waitress brought us the check (the food came out slowly but they were quick with the check!) I realized I had not given her the 10% coupon they periodically mail out, and was told to see the maitre'd for an adjustment. He refused, saying it was "done already" and he was very busy. " Use it next time", he said. I should have said that there would not be a next time but I was too taken aback to respond. If they are going to hassle customers about coupons they should not send them out.

1  Thank Ellen P