“Great dinner, wonderful wines, good ambience”
Review of Allora Ristorante

Allora Ristorante
Ranked #14 of 162 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$11 - US$62
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Enjoyed a business dinner there with a larger group. Appetizers, steaks, sides are all spot on. The wine list is pretty comprehensive.

Ambiance is cool, especially the huge mirrors on the wall.

Love the place and will come back.

Allora_139, Owner at Allora Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Joe, Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy to have you dine with us and share your experience. Please let us know when you visit again so we can meet you in person. Laura

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

If you can get past the prices you'll have a good time and good food. Bartenders are friendly and helpful and food is typically very well prepared. They do use a lot of garlic and their food which doesn't treat me very well but if you ask most dishes can be made without it. And I particularly like there salads, and there veal or chicken parmesan. Last time I went I had one of my old favorites lamb and sausage but the sausage was extremely spicy this time and I have no idea why but it was almost inedible I could not finish the sausage that was so hot. I complain and they took it off the bill. But that experience was not the normal experience there. We end up spending well into the hundreds for dinner for two with a few glasses of wine so be prepared if you like to have wine or drinks with your meal. Tom the staple bartender is very good at making interesting drinks and knows his wine very well. They also have a nice outdoor patio for lunches during the week as well as warm evenings. One thing that I wish they would do would be to open up for lunch on weekends because it is hard to find a good spot on a Saturday afternoon that is not just a chain or a pub.

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that we could take care of you when you were here and commented on the unusual spiciness of you sausage. Keep an eye out for the new Bar Menu coming soon which will have some lighter meals with great value. We do always choose the best ingredients for our guest so appreciate you noticing. Please let us know when you visit again so we can make sure to thank you personally.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I visited on a weeknight in December. It was busy and as a single, I had to sit in the bar instead of the dining room. Wine was ok but the scallops were excellent. The cut down the beer salad to a half order to start and it was still large. Portions are generous. Service was good. Large menu to choose from. I would recommend that you try this if you are in the area.

Ralph,
Thank you so much for the great review. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Went there on a whim with my husband on our ride home from CT. We were starving! So we ordered the meatball appetizer. Just the smell of them are worth ordering! They were amazing! And one order of them as an app is enough food for a meal. Got the blueberry bread pudding with vanilla gelato and some fancy toppings for dessert. It was soooo delicious! Service was great. At 5pm on a Saturday you will have the whole place to yourself. Only downside is that it's very expensive. But if money isn't an option then seriously, you've got to go here for a meal!

Allora_139, Owner at Allora Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thank you so much taking the time to review Allora. We appreciate your comments and hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I have been there several times, both dining room and more recently the bar. The food is consistenly good and we've had some very friendly, attentive service in the bar, but the wine list looks like it was created by a distributor. An Italian restaurant should have a little more Italian wine variety than the standard Chiantis plus an Amarone and a Barolo. hence I knocked off one point

We really appreciate you taking the time to review Allora and we're very happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant. Our wine list does have a lot of Cabs because we do cater to our guests requests, although also try to carry popular Italian varieties for our guests to choose from. Please let me know when you return and we can talk about your ideas.