“THE PLACE OF THE SUN!!”

La Plaza del Sol
La Plaza del Sol
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashpee
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My four friends and I decided to take on the cape for the weekend. As college students, we ball on a budget. When we saw the price, we immediately booked. We thought that this would be a place to shower and sleep, but were we wrong. We had no idea the fun that was to be had. We arrived at La Plaza de Sol at night. Dr. Grey, the enthusiastic stallion of a manager, was accommodating and left our key for us, as we planned to show up post-office hours. We were welcomed into a clean room, cool room, thanks to the maid that ran the housekeeping show like a boss. (On that note, to those who are worthy enough of a Plaza stay, please check on her livelihood .. you'll understand what I mean when you meet her.) Back to the story ... we began to get settled in and broke out the booze under our convenient patio. There was a table, 3 chairs, and a fully-equip 2003 Jazzy Hoveround, fit for a king. (We tried jumping the battery but with the guidance and wisdom from our upstairs neighbor, Paul, who was a stunt double in both Crocodile Dundee and the popular television, Swamp People, we concluded that it needed a new battery.. so make sure you pick one up on your way). The next day, it rained, effecting our beach going. We had the rainy day necessities, booze, whiffle-ball, and plastic flamingo beer funnel, aka the flabongo. We convinced Paul to join us in Americas favorite past-time. And man, to any scouts out there, Paul in room 11 can throw some serious cheese, or as he called it, tater. Then Paul had to take his afternoon "nap" so us four went back to our patio and sip the finest natural lites and took in the scenic forestry next to us. Then, along came a friendly tenant, Tim Tom. Talk about well-traveled, gentlemen. As we greeted us with a friendly smile and fireball shooters, we knew this was where we were supposed to be. TT then amazed us with his garabage can, beatboxing rendidition of "Me & Bobby McGee" originally made famous by Janis Joplin, bless her soul, but TT could give her a serious run for her $$$. After the copious amount of alcohol was consumed, we decided to hit up the pool. It was nothing short of spectacular. Then, talented TT, just when we thought he couldn't get more impressive, he ran off. We figured it was his bed time. Little did we know, he could scale a building. Next thing we saw was TT airborne with the most olymic-inspired swan dive into the pool. (it brought a tear to our eyes) As we swam around, we began to realize how could the water was. We then decided to create our own hottub. Inspired by the lizard exhibit at the late Zooquarium. I will leave the rest of that up to your own imagination #hobosoup. After a fun-filled day, we decided to hit the hay in our comfy, clean, beds. All in all, the Plaza de Sol is a place like no other. If you are up for an adventure, book now! NO REGRETS (okay maybe the homemade hot tub but what happens at the plaza, stays at the plaza. Enjoy this world-class resort. God Bless.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank allymoreau

Reviewed 31 July 2017

First of all, this is a great place. Clean, AC, gas stove, large mini-fridge, microwave, tv nice new floors & renovations. Staff was super friendly & helpful. Beds were soft & I slept well!! Plus, pool!!
I booked last minute and the rate was MUCH better than all those tourist traps along Rt 28. Plus, the area is much less crowded & I didn't have to fight the traffic, even in the middle of summer.
This location is perfect, actually, a short trip to South Cape Beach and even shorter to Mashpee Commons (a mall, but they call it upscale bc it has the architecture of a cute small town. Brand name chain stores)
Also the town itself has Native American Heritage & a museum (open on weekdays)
I am ABSOLUTELY coming back, it's a great place to stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will try to accommodate (we wanted ground floor & got it!)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Good central location to Cape Attractions. Very nice new management very responsive to request for more towels at pool, and propt assitance with a problem TV remote. Very clean pool great relaxing swim after a hot day.

Room Tip: Room 14 very spacious near pool. Two queen size beds.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 14 August 2016

NO STARS if I could. No lights outside hotel room. Garbage dumpster feet away, smelly sewage drain 10 feet from room door, little black flies inside and outside room. Room was dark, dirty and smelled like bug spray (Staff admitted to bug spraying, gave no explanation). Black flies flew from under sheets when blanket was lifted. Nasty/ trashy surrounds with animal traps set outside in near by bush. No place for a business or family stay, dirty ash tray with filled with ash and cigarette but was on disgusting patio table in front room door. This place kept my deposit and charged me extra $25 when I run like a bat outta hell with the room key. I wouldn't let my family or my enemy stay there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank trudybabb
Reviewed 4 July 2016

ONE star only because the pool had just been opened on the first day of my visit.

NO utensils, pots/pans or cutlery AT ALL in the apartment or kitchenettes.

Hulk washers and A/C units littering the property.

Mirrors simply PROPPED UP on firniture--NOT hung on walls.

NO table or chairs in the kitchenette unit.

NO LAMP in the kitchenette. I have to use the stove shield to light up the room.

Other than a new toilet, the bathroom is dated from the 70's and the drain was clogged. Brush your teeth and get a pool of water left over in the sink.

Trash and scrap metal hiding under the vegetation--just waiting for you to come close-by.

POISON IVY ALL OVER the parking area.

Management was TOTALLY RUDE and entirely un-cooperative. They had double-booked our room. They called the police to report that WE were being unruly--yet they gave the room to the second party that showed up two hours AFTER we had arrived. When I entered the kitchenette at 11 PM in the dark, I awoke another guest that they had given our room out to--in spite of the fact that we had reserved three nights over a month in advance.

We will be suing them to get our $600+ funds back.

SERIOUSLY RE-CONSIDER booking this property. Read the other dozens of negative reviews.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Brina H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
12.0 km away
14.4 km away
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
Sandwich Lodge & Resort
#4 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to La Plaza del Sol? Share your experiences!