“Brief visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mattapoisett
The Mattapoisett Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Mattapoisett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We made a brief Tuesday lunchtime visit here on a recommendation from the Town Hall staff. Just drinks and snacks - mine being chowder, which was fine. The beer was a local brew, the view out to Buzzards Bay was great. Nice stop off.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My daughter and I just spent a wonderful weekend for a family wedding at the Mattapoisett Inn.We stayed in the spacious, immaculate Sail Loft room. Deanne is a charming host and a superb cook. We dined al fresco one warm morning in the still blooming back garden with the birds and butterflies. We enjoyed having the option of reading and relaxing on the porch with the perfect water views or curling up in the living room with the antiques and artwork. I hope we have a new friend in Mattapoisett and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: spring for the largest room if you can
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We love Buzzard's Bay and were happy to attend a friend's wedding in the area in July of 2017. Lodging options are few, but this Inn was recommended so we booked it for three nights. Upon arrival there was a note on the door "welcoming" us and directing us to our room upstairs - no sign of the innkeeper as she was resting after a medical procedure. We were tired and looking for a spot of refreshment but found nothing - no bottled water, coffee, tea, sherry, wine, cold beer, etc. No cups, no tea kettle, nothing. I figured the lack of hospitality may be because of the medical issues with the innkeeper, but I was wrong.

The next morning we learned that breakfast was served between 8:30 am and 9:30am and again, no coffee or tea was to be found. We are early risers and were looking for coffee around 7am, so my husband found the coffeemaker, coffee and filter and proceeded to make a pot. The innkeeper was not happy with this at all. She told him it was an expensive appliance and she was surprised that he could figure out how to use it. When hubby told me about this exchange, I went down to the kitchen to meet her and was told, "I don't like people in my kitchen." Clearly she was unhappy with our coffee overstep. Really? At 7am?

Needless to say, this wasn't such a great start, but we decided to let it pass. When the innkeeper asked my husband when he would like breakfast, he told her that we were still on Irish time and would appreciate breakfast sooner than later. Breakfast wasn't served until 9:15, and it was an average but small portion of egg frittata and good bacon with fruit. After reading the reviews (please note there is only one from 2017, others are from 2016 and earlier...), I was expecting a culinary experience.

Our room had no lock on the door, the bed was comfortable, but the adjacent bath was old and tired with a very slow sink. The towels were also old and tired. Nothing about our room was remotely luxurious, upscale or fancy.

After receiving news that a family member was ill, we decided to leave the Inn a night early and head back home. As we prepared to leave at 6:30am, we learned for the first time from a note taped to the door that a town sponsored triathalon was going to shut down all the town streets. Had we waited another half-hour, we would not have been able to drive our car off the street until it ended after noon. Again, no notice was given to us about this event, We had delicious coffee and egg sandwiches at the local Dunkin Donuts.

Overall it was an uncomfortable place to stay. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot with the coffee incident, but there is obviously some disconnect between the reviews of this place and what we experienced.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Had a great couple of days at The Mattapoisett Inn. Deanne is a gracious host and a talented chef. The location is super. The inn feels very much like your home and Deanne endeavors to make sure you feel that way. I stayed in the Nantucket Room, a very comfortable room with it's own private bath and a view overlooking the harbor.
With the front door on Water Street, it's fun to walk down to the town wharf and Shipyard Park. Mattapoisett is a quiet getaway from life's many trials and tribulations. The "Village" boasts many historic homes dating back to whaling times. In fact several whaling captains built homes in Mattapoisett as the town has a sheltered and scenic harbor where a ship might anchor after a long journey.
Since I visited in March and it was bitterly cold, at least for a Southern transplant like myself, I did not avail myself of the gardens, of which our innkeeper is very proud.
I am certain that a trip mid-summer would be a great opportunity to enjoy them, as well as a stroll over to Shipyard Park for music, casting a line out into the harbor for fish or just a walk to the town beach, which is just three minutes down Water Street.
But regardless of your reason to visit, you will find the Inn welcome, the innkeeper charming and your stay pleasant and relaxing.

Room Tip: Check out the website, rooms are as advertised.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I grew up in Mattapoisett and was in town for a funeral. This B&B is delightful -- accommodations are gracious and reflect the harbor side location and wonderful views of the ocean. There are only three rooms, so book early for anything close to summer. Breakfast is terrific and Deanne is a marvelous innkeeper. We discovered our paths had crossed many times and that we literally had hundreds of people in common. Balconies overlooking the harbor will give one a great deal of pleasure and peace in warmer months. Downstairs living area is also large, warm and well furnished. The Inn on Shipyard Park is a two minute walk away. Good food and beverage! Has had several incarnations in my lifetime, but is a wonderful seaside restaurant! Town wharf and a delightful general store are just across the street. Town beach is four minutes walk.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nantucket room which was delightful. Only three rooms, but all are charming
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattapoisett
8.2 km away
Regency Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Dartmouth
7.9 km away
Delano Homestead Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Mattapoisett Inn? Share your experiences!