“Quaint place, limited menu”
Review of 88 Wharf

88 Wharf
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Milton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Transit: Milton stop on the MBTA Red Line stops across the street.
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This restaurant inside a condo building on Neponset River has a lovely little bar and a good clientele. The restaurant is large and open, very noisy. The food is good but the menu very limited and a touch foo foo exotic. Overpriced.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Nice place to take someone on a date. The cocktails are good and the crab cakes are big and delicious. I ordered the risotto with scallops and shrimp and my friend ordered a pizza. My entree was a bit salty. 88 Wharf has outdoor seating with a nice view.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

88 Wharf has one of the most scenic outdoor dining areas in greater Boston. The Neponset River and the moored boats are a pretty picture for those eating on the patio. The patio seating is very comfortable. The patio itself has attractive plantings and flower beds, so overall the outside experience is extremely pleasant. The interior seating appears attractive and comfortable, but I have not used it, so am unable comment further. Our service was attentive and professional. The menu is limited, but there will be something of interest for most people and the food is very good. Our table of four had steak frites, Statler chicken, salmon and fish and chips, soup, salad and desserts. All of the food was carefully prepared and presented. We had a good martini, house wine and draft beer. The value compares very favorably to other mid-range local restaurants and restaurants in the center of Boston. If the quality of service and food is maintained this is a very good to outstanding restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This was our fourth visit to 88 Wharf in the last couple months, and we have had consistently good food on each visit. In particular, excellent fish tacos, sea bass special, crispy salmon - always a good burger and a beer thrown in free on Monday nights. Enjoyed the soba/salmon salad as well. Quiet and peaceful inside, and very pleasant on the deck. Folks who have written this place off should return.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

88 Wharf – Milton, MA – 6/27/2016

A lovely waterside locale… Boats in the backdrop and a large outdoor patio make this a great place to meet friends after work… A large bar greets you to the left as you walk in… Black and white walls with stone accents thruout… An interesting array of lighting adds to the ambiance… Mirrors and photographs purposely hung.. A mix of brown wooden tables and chairs and booths fill the room… The tables, trimmed in white linen and paper…Each place set in anticipation of the next arriving guest and faux candles…

My server Dan, was very nice and did his best to recommend… They have a varied albeit smaller menu. There should be something here for just about anyone… He started to recommend the 88 Burger at which point I realized I was in my own…

A blend of soft pop plays in the background… It's a fun place…, even on a Monday night…

The bread, served slightly warm with a ball of soft butter was quite good… They bring it in par-baked and finish it in their over before serving...

Crab & Corn… More of a buttery looking broth than a chowder was also very good.. Chunks of Yukon gold potatoes, grilled corn (I counted about ten kernels) and roasted poblano…

Next… The Pork Spare Ribs… Korean Style with a soy sesame… Savory and flavourful… Nicely plated too and scrumptious!

Then their take on a Grilled Romaine… Not the traditional hearts placed on the grill but I'm told they grill some of them, chop and then mix in with the remainder… Not my favorite but then maybe because I'm used to the traditional…

And then my balloon pops when they inform me that they don't serve cappuccino! What restaurant today doesn't serve cappuccino?!

Although it was a nice enough experience, it didn't bowl me over and at no time did my taste buds gasp in ecstasy... Maybe my mistake was having the salad last as that's the taste that was left in my mouth… A cappuccino might have salvaged it :-/ I think I'll go with my initial thought of a great place to meet friends for drinks and appetizers after work… No more, no less…