“Great drinks and appetizers”
Review of 88 Wharf

88 Wharf
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Milton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Transit: Milton stop on the MBTA Red Line stops across the street.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

After some "not-so-great" experiences at 88 Wharf, the new concept/theme of Azul, i.e., Mexican, is a breath of fresh air.
Service was friendly and quick; the bartender (Brian) made me his "special" margarita, and it was one of the best I've ever had.
Tried the chorizo/cheese dip app; yummy. Will have it again.
Can't comment on the rest of the food offerings, but the guacamole app and every other dish that came out of the kitchen looked fresh and tasty.
Nice to see the bar busy there.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I love the food at Wharf 88 and this time the chef tried a Mexican flavor. It was a success, very delicious. We’ve been here before and loved it but, this time with the new flavor it was outstanding. Now I call it the “former wait staff curse”, you notice things and they irk you. The service was the worst. We sat down and order drinks, and the waiter, Jed, came back with chips and salsa, we gave him our order and he went away. The appetizers were about to arrive before they brought the drinks. I told them to take the appetizers away, we didn’t get out drinks. I also told the old gentleman bring the appetizers we want fresh ones, not reheated (we got the reheated ones, the bottom was hot, but the sides were cool, microwaved.) We wanted another drink, our waiter, Jed, never came back, so I went to the bar to order them. The bartender was a sweetie; he brought them over to our table for us. We got our dinner but, mine came with plantains, when I asked our waiter, Jed, he told me he only had two hands. I got up and asked for the Manager, who turned out to be the old man, who brought our appetizers, and he told me he was short staffed. He told me that Jed was waiting on 12 tables (there were only 12 tables with patrons and there was another server), I didn’t need to dismissed by a surly manager. It’s Valentine’s Day, I didn’t come to this restaurant to feel sorry for them and dismiss the bad service. It’s too bad, this is a great spot, with delicious food, but bad service, in an area with so many good restaurants, can kill this kind of place. I’m giving this one star because of the old surly manager.

1  Thank FLUFFY852
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Was great when opened. Food good. Now mediocre after management and chef changes. Menu not interesting

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I got the Steak Frites and it was fantastic, we sat on the patio overlooking the quiet river and it was peaceful and serene. The inside dining room looked just as quaint for cooler months. The server was very informative and quick. I will be back!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This restaurant inside a condo building on Neponset River has a lovely little bar and a good clientele. The restaurant is large and open, very noisy. The food is good but the menu very limited and a touch foo foo exotic. Overpriced.