“Delicious and refined Indian cuisine”
Review of Masala Art

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highland Avenue
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Masala Art. The service was terrific, the food came out promptly and wow- it tasted superb. We ordered some of our favorite standards- vegetarian samosas, chicken tikka masala and saag paneer. We also had some of their fresh-baked chapati, a thin and light pita-like bread. I saw a previous reviewer had stated that the restaurant wasn't clean when they ate there, but good news is that we found the restaurant to be very clean! The restaurant overall has a nice decor. A plus is there is a good cocktail menu too!

1  Thank sfbarb

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We love this restaurant. We really do. It's just we can't go there very often. First, the decor is lovely. The staff is nice. And the food is delicious. On a side note for those planning to eat in the restaurant, for some reason it seems to be the favorite family restaurant in town for parents who's kids are insane. Running around, yelling, crying. Ug. As the parent of two kids, I would never let my kids act like that in a restaurant. Even my kids are annoyed by this behavior. And for some reason, EVERY time we go to this particular restaurant, a group of insane kids are there. Maybe it's the same kids every time, who knows. Anyway, that's not the restaurant's fault so it's not part of my ranking. We've just decided to order out and bring the food home instead. No big deal as we live nearby. But this restaurant loses a star for the sheer audacity of their pricing. We would eat here twice as often if the prices were more in line with other restaurants in the area. I'm sorry, $14.50 for a small serving of chicken in sauce is too much. So a family of 4 ends up spending $70 with drinks whereas we spend about $45 at Not Your Average Joe's across the street. I would much rather a less "fancy" restaurant with good Indian food for less money, especially since the fanciness is ruined by the clientele.

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service was spot on. Place could use some cleaning. If you are a clean freak you'll be turned off by this place.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

It's traditional menu intersects with a fusion of uncommon items and even partial Chinese cuisine. Very good options for gluten free and diabetic as well without compromising taste.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My wife and I eat there about four or five times a year, and have always found the food excellent, with a full range of Indian cooking.