“Lively with Great Ambiance”
Review of Brick & Ash

Brick & Ash
Ranked #27 of 105 Restaurants in Newburyport
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Brick and Ash has resurrected the old 10 Center (which I loved btw) into a fun, warm, lively eating establishment. There are 7 fireplaces there and on a chilly night there is nothing better than a nice glass of wine and some good food. They converted one of the dining rooms into a pool room. The place was packed at 6 p.m. on a Sat. night. Very good sign. Lots of children, families around, which is convivial. If you want a quiet candlelit dinner this place is not for you. If you want a bite to eat in a happening place, this is it!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

While walking the streets and popping into shops here and there we worked up a thirst and grabbed a table by the bar and the gas fireplace. The buzz in the room was convivial. We all ordered cocktails with witty names that all now elude me. Mine was gin-based, fresh and delicious. We ordered a couple of bowls of their sweet and spicy bourbon cashews that I am still thinking about, I told the waitress I wasn't leaving without the recipe, but I did. Oh I'll be back, for sure.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We were anxious to try this new restaurant in a familiar old building, hoping it would be better than the last, and were delighted to discover delicious house-smoked and barbecued meats and fish in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We started with smoked chicken wings, homemade 'tater tots' and shrimp with grits, then moved on to barbecued brisket and pulled pork sandwiches with close slaw. Each dish or side was excellent--fresh, tasty, and authentic to southern-style cooking. Tempting desserts were offered, but we had no space left. Nice wines were offered by the glass (and the waiter brought me samples to taste), as well as many beers and cocktails. Service was fine, but not intrusive, and the fire blazing beside us was very welcome on a frosty evening.
We sat upstairs in a booth, but downstairs there was a trivia contest that many seemed to be enjoying--a nice place to meet others and share some fun.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We called in for quick beer and the very friendly bar staff gave good advise on what to try and even samples before we decided.
Good selection of mostly local ales and a rotating hard cider.
We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food, but the beer was excellent.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful dining experience. The rustic ambiance is great and our table right next to the roaring fire was everything. Our meals were DELICIOUS!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I had the chicken and hubby had the ribs. Both were excellent. Sides of mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, corn bread: ALL fantastic. If you're looking for a place to break your diet, this is it! Trust me, it's worth it. Very friendly service too. Highly recommend.