“Really good food, and the bar staff is Stellar!”
Review of Brick & Ash

Brick & Ash
Ranked #29 of 107 Restaurants in Newburyport
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrated my father in laws birthday here.
Appetizers on point,
Brisket.........smoked beefy creamy deliciousness
Food coma made me lose the rest of my memory for the evening.

Excellent establishment, excellent BBQ, excellent options from the bar, kid friendly
Vegetarians can find options on the menu, and the kitchen is flexible to accommodate the not so meat friendly.

Wait staff is very knowledgable, and the bartenders are amazing!

Will be back.

1  Thank Lee G

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We visited with another couple for dinner. Since they don't take reservations we had to wait about an hour in the bar. Although we are not from the area, we ended up meeting friends from an old job in the bar and later we met people from Dracut in the dining room. Crazy! Anyway, in the bar, the place was pretty packed so service was a little slow, but I drank the Bavik Pilsner beer and it was very good. The 1 hour wait went by fast while we talked and drank. We were seated upstairs at a rather small square table, although I noticed they do have larger booths available, but I bet they try to save those for parties of 5 or more. Anyway, I only noticed an open booth after we were seated and it was getting close to 9PM. My wife and I both enjoyed the ribs and our friends had the brisket. The ribs were very good as well as the side of mac n' cheese. Cornbread was tasty too. The waitress was friendly enough - no issues there. We all left too full for dessert. So with food and drink it was about $70 per couple....pretty reasonable to me. I would return and recommend.

1  Thank TheBuryTraveller
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Early dinner with daughter & grandson. I could not climb the stairs that were offered to up stairs seating so we were seated at a table next to fireplace which was fine. Server came to take beverage order. When drinks arrived, we placed out food order. Never saw waitress after that until bill was presented! Food arrived by 2 male servers from kitchen. Spicy but we understood that is the type served. Daughter never received dressing for her salad, could not find server...maybe went for her break! Finally, a gentlemen came over to table asking how things were...she then told him she would like her dressing & S&P (should be put on table when food served). He returned & announced that the dressing "was delivered with the salad"! OMG, it is not here! After 20 minute wait, it arrived! Child was to have desert with his meal & that was not given. Disappointed.Need to hire people with some restaurant experience especially when opening a new establishment. Nice atmosphere, maybe for a drink but definitely not dinner.

1  Thank fanoitaly
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a great, upscale-but-comfortable bar with 2 levels and an outdoor area. Has a couple of pool tables and usually a live band on summer weekends. Great beer selection and creative drinks. Nice place for a date and tends to attract a younger crowd than other Newburyport establishments.
Strangely, though, the food is Southern BBQ, which, aside from not matching the decor and ambiance of the place, doesn't measure up to any other BBQ I've ever been to. Everything from the ribs to the cornbread was excruciatingly dry. Surprised they don't serve a similar menu to the owner's other restaurant, The Poynt.
5 Stars for drinks and ambiance, 1 for the food.

1  Thank theyaysayer
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Ok, so I really want to like this place. The atmosphere is good, the beer selection is good but the food just doesn't cut it for my wife and I. Second time coming here so we started with the bourbon cashews. Sent them back. Mushy nuts with no flavor. Ordered the fried green tomatoes. Ok. Could have used more aioli to spice it up more. Then we split the fried chicken. Fried chicken breast. Better to use thighs if you're going to overcook this dish. Side of Mac & cheese only ok. Sorry Brick and Ash.

1  Thank Kevin M