“Still Excellent Indian Food”
Review of Jewel In The Crown

Jewel In The Crown
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Newburyport
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Got another take out order of food. This time we ordered a selection of the special of the day. As every time the food tasted great, the chicken was tender and we enjoyed the food for a few days, In general I always get take out here and have never eaten here with the family. The restaurant is very clean but not my style to sit in for dinner. Because of my job I am eating out all the time and many times we have been to Indian restaurants around Mass and NH. I can honestly say this is the best Indian food I have had.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We love so many dishes from this charming place that I don't know where to begin. My husband loves all things mild, and lamb, and he clamours to go here every date night. I love very hot vege, fish, chicken and always have a great meal. And now they serve a delicious green salad - I ordered it with chicken skewers for a great low cal meal. Wonderful place.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I've had take out or eaten in at the Jewel in the Crown about a dozen times now. The staff is very nice, and the food is very, very good. The garlic nann is amazing. I haven't had any dishes yet that I don't like from here. The inside isn't fancy - but it's neat and relaxed, which is what I prefer vs. something stuffy.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

The flavors of the food was excellent, sadly however the service was really poor. Our drink order took forever, then only half of it arrived. The apps took even longer, and again only half the order, we had to ask for the rest, which arrived with our entrees.
The mango ice-cream had freezer burn.
Oh well! We will stick to Passage to India in Salem in future.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

If you are looking for a very authentic Indian meal experience, I would suggest you give this restaurant a try. Excellent food and great service.