“Great for Vegetarins or Vegans”
Review of Purple Onion Cafe

Purple Onion Cafe
Ranked #37 of 102 Restaurants in Newburyport
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Vegans and vegetarians will love the variety of food. Everything was good, and they gave you plenty of food, served with tortilla chips. Nice outdoor sitting area.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place is wonderful! I often get lunch here, when I can find parking. The hearthstone ham sandwich is to die for! And they have awesome BBQ pulled pork on special sometimes. Totally worth getting when available! Their vegetarian chili is also awesome, it has a ton of flavor and tastes wonderfully homemade. Great lunch spot, and in the summer there are a couple tables outside where you can eat your meal. I love this little place and recommend it to anyone visiting, living, or passing through the area!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Four of us met for lunch there recently, two of them are vegetarians. We were all pleased with the diversity of menu items. The portions were just right and flavors were good. My friends had various rice bowls and I had a salad. Theirs looked better and more creative. My spinach salad was okay but had so much chicken on it that I couldn't finish it. Everything was served in paper bowls and baskets. Not a large seating area inside, so getting food to go in summer and eating in the park is a good plan in summer.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Consistently serve good tasting, nutritious food. Casual and comfortable, great central location. Very good value.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I usually visit Newburyport in Spring and Summer. It was my first time ever being there in November. Since our purpose to be there was to shop, I suggested I Suggested a quick lunch at the Purple Onion for I had been there before for salads and wraps. The day was dank, so a bowl of soup was in order. It was difficult to choose which soup to order, but we both decided on the sweet potato and carmelized onion soup since it was a special of the day. It was truly delicious!! Everyone around us seemed to be enjoying their lunch, so I look forward to going back and trying another soup, an interesting salad or choose from the wide selection of wraps. Note there is not table service. You order at the counter.