“Charles River Kayak Rental”

Charles River Canoe & Kayak
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Newton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Nahanton Park consists of 57 acres of forests, meadows, and gardens along the Charles River. From our dock, canoeists and kayakers can enjoy more than 12 miles of uninterrupted flatwater, from Silk Mill Dam at Upper Falls to Dedham Ave in Needham. A significant portion of the river's shore along this section of river is parkland, including Cutler Park and Millennium Park, and most of the riverbank is forest and marsh.Our Nahanton Park location, off Nahanton St./Kendrick St. on the Newton/Needham town line, offers hourly canoe and kayak rentals, picnic tables, an indoor function room, and playing fields. Learn more about our Nahanton Park Location in Newton.To best see this outstanding stretch of river, try one of our Shuttled River Trips and spend the morning or the whole day floating down the Charles!
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Charles River Kayak rental is a very fun place to go to spend a few hours on the water. The staff is friendly and helpful, rates are reasonable and you get some fantastic views from the kayak.
Went with a few friends on a sunny Sunday Afternoon and it was excellent. Would recommend.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

These people run a great service and are looking to help you learn if you are new to the ports. I moved from kayaks to Stand Up Paddling this summer and I am in my sixties.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

What a great way to enjoy the day. So close to home but you feel so far away. We rented in Newton & I have to say it's pretty much run by teenagers but they do a great job! Kayaking is so relaxing & easy enough for anyone to do. My husband & I rented a double that also held my 5 year old & our 10 year old son had his own single that he easily paddled away with .. we did hook him to ours for a Lil bit when he got tired. I even saw some dogs on board. We did purchase a membership @ $159 for the rest of the season that ends Columbus Day & keep in mind week days end on September 1st (bummer) with a membership you can try all locations .. it' a MUST do!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Sure you have your own kayak in your yard--we do too. But when we're too lazy to throw ours on the roof of our car we just head over to Charles River Canoe and Kayak and rent one of theirs and go out for a couple of hours to enjoy this pleasant section of the Charles. Easy-peezy!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful scenery. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good prices. Highly recommend to all.