“Delicious food”

Lumiere
Ranked #5 of 266 Restaurants in Newton
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waltham St.
Transit: Green line - Woodland; Commuter Rail - West Newton
Description: Lumiere is a casually elegant, upscale neighborhood bistro featuring modern-French cuisine, an extensive wine list as well as a full bar. We also offer a semi-private dining room that can comfortably accommodate up to 30 guests. We serve Lunch (Tuesday-Friday, 12Pm-2pm) and Dinner (Tuesday-Sunday). Lumiere also hosts Weekly Wine Tastings ($20) every Thursday 5:30pm - 6:30pm which includes taste of four featured wines served with specifically paired hors d'oeuvres from Chef Jordan Bailey.
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We came for an anniversary dinner, and everything was delicious. Squash soup, swordfish, sweet potato puree, Guilfeather turnip puree, creamed spinach, chocolate dessert with whipped cream....everything was perfect. A smallish restaurant; nice wine list; food locally sourced; quiet enough to have a conversation; delightful server; prompt, but not rushed service. Expensive. The only thing that was so-so were the rolls.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

This magnificent restaurant is our favorite place to dine anywhere. While we usually go for special occasions we do not because of price but because we want to experience a memorable meal. It has been our tried and true wonderful go to place for a dozen years and it is always fresh and inventive. The servers are top notch with just the right balance of knowledge and information but they let you enjoy your meal. Everything is wonderful and I hesitate to single out a dish but the soups are transcendent and so are the scallops. BUT so is everything else. All the fish dishes redefine fish. The rolls are pillows of perfection. If we want to impress friends or relatives e bring them there. Especially those fro NYC, it always blows their minds.

1  Thank Karlsbaby1
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We occasionally go elsewhere for variety, but we always return to Lumiere because of the chef who just endlessly knows how to create new and delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The waiters and waitresses are all excellent - - knowledgeable, and able to help with choices if you ask for suggestions or descriptions. Service is at a very comfortable pace giving you a little time to reflect (and/or discuss) what you have just been putting in your mouth!

I am not a scallop lover, but at Lumiere I never pass up the scallop appetizer which, over the years is prepared differently and creatively every so often. I never pass up the opportunity to start my dinner with the scallops, even choosing it as my entrée once in a while. Always a tasting surprise, and always delicious.

My husband and I have never been disappointed, and I don't think you will be either.

2  Thank newg4ff
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Our friends were visiting from Mexico City. We wanted a place that had interesting selections, and this was just perfect. There was nothing left on anyone's plate. The pork chop was like a steak. The fish was perfectly cooked. The food and service were wonderful. They honored my request for a quiet corner table. I would happily go again.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

My husband and I loved the food and the ambiance. The service was great, not too slow and not too fast. My husband had the bluefish pate as appetizer and he loved it. I had the salad which was crunchy and fresh, you could feel the flavors dancing in your mouth. The entrees were very good as well. We will go back.