Boston Marriott Newton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
US$159
US$149
  • Pool
US$120
US$112
Sheraton Needham Hotel(Needham)(Great Value!)
US$168
Hotel Boston(Boston)
US$212
  • Breakfast included
US$134
All reviewscharles riverthe concierge loungeview of the rivertypical marriottfull service marriottindoor poolan older propertyhotel shuttlebusiness tripriverside stationmass pikestayed here for one nightfree internetfitness centerconvenient locationgreen linelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2015

At check in during evening of a very long day, Francis was as welcoming as I have ever experienced. Thank you!

The room felt old but it was HUGE...at check-in I was upgraded for free to a suite. The decor was dated...the table by the living area sofa had a copper center inlay that was buckling and several chips of age. If you moved the dining room table in the living area you could have thrown a dance party for 20 though. There were 3 large windows overlooking the water and pavilion areas and a walkout door. The ground floor view was just OK...given the water was mostly frozen still. There was a fridge too. My bathroom qualm was the shower stall, though large (3 by 5 feet?), it had a couple foot opening to the bathroom with no door or curtain for privacy or to keep water in. Shower pressure was a bit light as well.

The surrounding area looked mixed residential and light commercial. It did not seem like a place to come for tourism.

With only one day to stay I did not see much of the amenities but the bar restaurant area was large and pretty busy whenever I passed by.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
HotelMgr12, Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Dear dred313,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed one of spacious suites and that Francis was welcoming. We appreciate the feedback about the shower and will have our Engineering team address the items you mentioned. I hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

This is an older property but well maintained. I recommend trying to score a room with a view of the river. The lobby is modern, very inviting and appealing. The bar area is nicely appointed as well. I was there on a Tuesday evening and there were people everywhere - the place was buzzing with activity. Typical consistency for a full service Marriott - if you like a full service Marriott you will not be disappointed. The concierge lounge is decent. The morning fare is standard. Tuesday evening is free beer and wine at the lounge if you have access I highly recommend it... I'm a mostly a teetotaler these days but, many people appreciate a complimentary adult beverage. They had a nice grilled chicken salad and the standard evening items along with that.

Room Tip: I prefer a room with a view of the river at this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2015

Thank you for your most recent review of the Newton Marriott. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

Great location, easy access to Boston and Massachusetts shopping. Large shopping malls only minutes away by car. Every modern comfort, food nice particularly chowder. Easy parking. A little remote but that suited me. Good gym. Nice staff.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Just looked at my bill from my kids room, was very disappointed that there was a charge for self parking. I was told they didn't have valet, so I assumed incorrectly that parking would be free. Valet is worth the expense because someone is taking your car. I was able to get soaked after parking my own car for a fee.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2015

Second time staying here. Hotel seems out of the way. Nothing bad to say about the hotel but nothing great either. Standard Marriott hotel. They take care of you. Boston prices, meaning high, for the rates.