US$171
  • Pool
US$119
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$95
Book now, pay at stay
US$134
Sheraton Needham Hotel(Needham)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$152
US$144
US$165
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewscharles riverthe concierge loungeview of the rivera marriott rewards memberfull service marriottindoor poolan older propertyhotel shuttlebusiness tripriverside stationmass pikeking roomstayed here for one nightfree internetfitness centerconvenient locationminute drive
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had to move here for a week due to flooding in our apartment. For the most part, we’ve enjoyed our stay.

The staff is attentive and polite. The location is super convenient- right off the I-90 and I-95. We ordered (and enjoyed) the room service dining menu every night. The cheesecake is delicious! Except for the pizza, we were surprised at how good the food is. I always had food for lunch the next day too.

We didn’t use housekeeping here to conserve water and to earn Rewards points, which I love. The front desk said they should clean once every 3 days, but—even though we were here 6 nights—housekeeping didn’t clean our room once. They slipped a note under our door that they tried, but some reason they couldn’t. Not a big deal to me.

The one complaint I had is the walls are paper thin. I’m a late sleeper, and housekeeping woke me up in the hallway banging doors and talking to each other around 8:30. I could also hear my neighbors every night.

If my apartment ever floods again, we’ll be back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We loved everything moment of our stay in this hotel. We were there for a long weekend from Thursday-Monday. Our room was beautifully clean when we arrived and we loved the layout. There was plenty of room to unpack our suitcases into drawers and the closet. I loved having the couch and table in the room so there was somewhere else to sit comfortalbly besides the bed. The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly- I mean everyone: front desk, restaurant, bar, hospitality- everyone greeted us with a huge smile every time. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: best views would be overlooking the water (I think they would be the odd numbers). We had an even number and we overlooked the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Maggie M,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Chris

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Very nice hotel. It is located nicely in the junction of the highways so everything is with 15 minutes. Just be aware there is nothing near this hotel. If you are hungry eat before you go back to the hotel unless you plan on eating at the hotel. They do have refrigerators in the rooms which was a nice surprise. Just remodeled and nicely done with what they had to work with. Just really did a cosmetic make over. We had a room with a great view of the Charles River. A nice couch/seat that was curved and very comfortable to sit in. The bathroom was a little small but was very simple but nice with full rain fall shower and full glass doors. The exhaust worked very well so that when you took a shower the mirror hardly steamed up at all! Yay!!! No need to open doors and try to cool everything off.

So you say wow that sounds like a great hotel and should be 4 or 5 stars. well I was not aware that parking was extra until I got to the hotel. Did not expect it since the hotel is very rural and not in the city. Most people like me stay outside the city so they don't have to pay for parking which happens in the city. The parking lot here is located right at the hotel with more than enough parking. The parking cost was not outrageous. It was $11 a day. I am willing to pay this even when I am surprised except with what I ran into here. So we checked in and was told about the parking and to hang a big orange tag on the mirror which we did. We came back later that night and noticed that there was hardly any cars in the lot that had the tag in the window. We left at 8:30 AM the next morning to again see a very full parking lot with no parking tags hanging on the mirrors. I then drove up every aisle and looked for these tags. I counted a total of 6 cars including mine that had the tags out of probably 200 cars. Again I noticed this on our 2nd morning. I then stopped at the front desk where I was never asked my name or my room number. I asked about the parking policy. I was told everyone pays the parking. I then asked well then you guys must make a killing on towing because no one has tags in the windows. Long story being made shorter I got bobble head responses and was told that it was on an honor system. Basically you are paying $11 for nothing. There is no security cameras, the lighting is very poor and no security. I was told they have an inside security guard that ventures to the parking lot but if they were doing there job there would have been a couple hundred cars towed on these nights. This is not any where to a secure parking lot that should be charged extra for. They did have run down security booth in the driveway in and out but it looks like that has not been used in many years. Again they get a parking fee for a parking lot that has no cameras, bad lighting and virtually no security. The front desk pretty much mocked me and said if I told them I did not drive a car there I could have parked for free. Does not sound very fair at all.

Room Tip: River View is excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Foliagehomes,

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. I do apologize that your inquiry regarding the overnight parking charge was not answered effectively. Trust that we will use your feedback to improve.

Chris

Reviewed 24 November 2017

This hotel has all the usual amenities of a full service Marriott. The property is well maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful - so I give it four stars.

But - if you intend to get some work done in you room, you may be disappointed. The desk in the room is small and narrow (just enough room for a laptop), and the desk chair is not very comfortable. On the plus side - they do have USB charging ports by the desk - but I still found it cramped to work.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This was our 3rd stay at this hotel. We stay here every 2 years while going to a football game at Boston College. Without traffic it is only about a 20-30 min drive to Boston's Logan Airport. Of course the normal traffic problems in Boston stretch that out to 40-60 min at least. Plenty of parking. Many of the rooms have been updated since our last stay in 2015. New furniture is nice but I didn't care for the low angled mini couch and the new work desk. Neither were very comfortable to sit in or use. The bathroom had a new walk-in shower but because the bathroom itself is very small, the shower is a little inconvenient to use. The bed was comfortable and we had a nice view to the west over the lake. The concierge lounge is small but nice but like many now it is not open on the weekends. Still we had a breakfast coupon for Sat & Sun mornings because the lounge was closed. They hotel shuttle will take you to & pick you up at the Riverside T Station. It's only about a 5 min drive. Staff is very friendly and helpful. As usual I did a Mobile Check-in and is was very easy to get out room keys. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel and a Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: High room on the west side has the best views.