“Amazing Ice Cream”

Mad Maggie's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in North Andover
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We ordered from the outside windows. They have a great selection of flavours. The ice cream is real and unlike any of the artificial types in supermarkets. We ordered 4 different types and they were all great. Totally recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I went for an ice cream with my fiance' only to see higher prices and smaller ice creams. Chocolate flavored sprinkles $.47, and they only cover the top of the ice cream. This is absurd incomprehensible how they could charged $.47 for for maybe $.03 worth of material.....

They have lost 2 customers that I know of....

Date of visit: June 2018
MadMaggies, Owner at Mad Maggie's Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Our chocolate sprinkles are not "chocolate flavored", they're real chocolate -- a very high end brand. We have many, many customers who tell us that they come to us specifically because of the quality of our chocolate sprinkles.

We charge for our sprinkles just like every other ice cream stand in the area. In fact, most charge more than us, even though others use a low quality, waxy brand. If you know of a stand that *doesn't* charge an add on price for sprinkles, I'd love to hear about it, but I know just about all of them in the greater Merrimack Valley, and am unaware of anyone (other than Friendly's, which *isn't* an ice cream store) that doesn't charge.

And if you think the product cost of our chocolate sprinkles is 3 cents, then you're simply misinformed.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great selection of ice creams all delicious. Some newbies and the standard fare. Service was great They make the best ice cream soda around.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

My experience has been horrible from customer reated differently compared to the white customers that attended the location when I was present. I could tell I was treated with less friendly approach and when I ask to make the ice cream allergy free, they would say they did not have a new ice cream container to give my kid fresh ice cream. This happened in multiple occasions. Last thing that happened was that my kids got stomach sick, vomiting after eating ice cream. That day one of my kids dropped ice cream by acccidwnt and I noticed the owner and his male staff were upset and chatting in the back of the store about the situation and not being too happy about it. I felt they were critizing and wanted us to leave. My family was treated in a discriminatory manner (most likely racist manner because I am dark skin and Hispanic) and left me with no desire to come back to this place. They purposely mistreated us to make sure we don’t feel welcome and never come back to the store. What a shame and ignorance on their part. They can’t serve people of a different race and food allergy with respect, equality and professionalism.

Date of visit: April 2018
MadMaggies, Owner at Mad Maggie's Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

We’ve been in business for over 15 years, have many multi-cultural customers, and we’re proud to treat them all with the same respect. It’s impossible to prove a negative, so there’s not much I can say to refute your charge, other than to point to our history of having ZERO complaints of any type of discriminatory behavior in our 15 years of serving many, many customers of all races.

I’ve discussed your comments with my manager — he and I both remember you and your kids. You asked John to scoop for your child with an allergy, and when John handed it to you, you passed it to the child, who immediately threw it (not “accidentally dropped”, as you described) on the floor, and you demanded a replacement, which we did.

John alerted me about it, NOT because he’s a racist, but because your child was acting up, and I ask all of my supervisors to notify me if they’re dealing with a potentially unruly customer, which your son definitely was at that time. We certainly WERE discussing you and your party, but it had nothing to do with race, it was solely based on the behavior of your child and your failure to keep him under control around the rest of our customers.

Your report of your child getting violently ill is suspect to me as well. If this really is true, I would have thought you would have contacted us to let us know about it, not wait three weeks, then post an exaggerated account of it, and imply that we purposely served you a nut-contaminated serving because we’re racist. We go above and beyond what any other store that I know of in the area does to accommodate allergies. Part of our protocol is to offer to open a fresh tub for an allergy, if we have a backup tub of that flavor available. NEVER would we fail to do this based on a customer’s race, and your leap from “they didn’t have a fresh tub available” to “they must be racist” is just flat out wrong and we’re deeply saddened that anyone would make such an unfounded (and untrue) accusation against us.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Best ice cream cake anyone has ever tasted. We got it for my husband’s surprise birthday party and everyone was in shock of how good it was.

Date of visit: August 2017
MadMaggies, Owner at Mad Maggie's Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it!