“Friendly staff and fantastic breakfast”
Review of Top Mast Cafe

Top Mast Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Top Mast Cafe is a bright and cheerful, family-friendly summer cafe in the Beach Point neighborhood of North Truro, MA - just 9 minutes from Provincetown. We serve standard American fare, along with creative daily food and drink specials. There is outdoor dining on our patio, plenty of free parking, and take-out service. Open daily 7-1 for breakfast & Lunch. Friday nights 4-9 for Dinner. We have Coffee, Iced Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino, Juices and Sodas. Kids menu and activity pages to color.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Loved, loved our breakfast at Top Mast Cafe. We'll be making it a yearly tradition on our vacation.
Kids loved to feed the fish outside and named (almost) all of them!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The Top Mast Cafe only serves dinner on Friday nights. Based on TripAdvisor reviews (mostly breakfast), my wife and I tried their "Friday Fish Fry". The menu seemed reasonable and the service was prompt and friendly. My wife ordered the Fried Clams ($25 plus a $2 upcharge for onion rings) and I ordered the Seafood Platter ($20) which consisted of 4 fried shrimp, 4 fried scallops, a piece of fried haddock, fries, and cole slaw. My wife's clams were primarily fried bread covering the small clams. My food, while good, left me hungry to the point where I felt compelled to order dessert. The brownie sundae I ordered was very good. In fact, the two best parts of my meal were the dessert and the Long Island Iced Teas I drank. Surprisingly though, the Long Island Iced Teas were charged as "two" drinks...a $6 "Vodka" charge and a $7 "LI Tea" charge. So each was $13. I questioned our server and was told that was correct. I've traveled a lot, including expensive locations like NYC, Boston, and LA. I've never paid $13 for a Long Island Iced Tea! So in summary, the food was good at the Top Mast Cafe. But the quantities were generally not sufficient for an adult dinner and the prices (especially the bar tab) were very high. We will not return.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We always visit this gem, right near the beach, with outdoor seating and pretty flowers. The staff is a friendly crew. The food is fantastic. I had the lobster benedict -- superb. Love this place.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Must get the extra large cinnamon bun as an appetizer it is absolutely delicious! breakfast was yummy, staff was friendly and accommodating. Good portions.

Date of visit: September 2017
Tony V, General Manager at Top Mast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

So glad you enjoyed your visit. Hoping to see you again in 2018

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We had to have the cinnamon buns due to previous reviews. Excellent! Baked fresh and warm. Not to mention huge. The cafe is nice and pleasant staff.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thanks for joining us and giving the cinnamon roll a try. Can't wait for your 2018 visit. You won't believe the new decor!