“Great food”

Captain's Choice Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here our first day on the cap. Food was tasty. We had the scalloped tacos. Service was also good. Small place with a lot of outdoor seating and bean toss games for the kids

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for coffee and pastries and was disappointed by the bland food and service. This was previously a bakery that made a range of excellent baked goods that were to die for. The new operation serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner but doesn't offer the high quality delicious home made baked items any more. Dissapointing but things change and forces us to shop around to find what we value.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as it was nearest to our camp site and my wife and son were hitting a wall after being at the beach all day.

It's difficult to determine why this place is rated so well. The food is as plain as it gets. Even my son's fish & chips were tasteless. My meal, the lobster scampi, was devoid of garlic. I had to ask if it was made with garlic. Any scampi where one must ask if there's garlic is not a real scampi - especially not worth the $29 list price!

On the positive side, the french fries were good. And the meals were served rather quickly.

Captain's Choice gets the job done, but they charge as if they are a four-star restaurant. Take the time to drive to Provincetown and spend the same amount of money for a decent dinner.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food is outstanding. Everything is fresh. Prices are reasonable. Comfortable dinning experience. Wait staff courteous.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

While staying with friends in Cape Cod they suggested we order take out for dinner, I wasn't really hungry so I order the kids fish n chips and my friends had a green salad with salmon. Portions were huge!! I couldn't even finish my kid size order!!! Prices were very reasonable. Will go back before my visit is over.