Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Hilton.com
US$110
US$169
US$134
All reviewsgillette stadiumdirect tvstep stoolfront desknewer hotelthe breakfast areanice hotellarge roomwater pressure in the showerfree breakfastfridge and microwaveclose proximitynice sizebagelsstayed here for nightsnice staywould stay again
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Thanksgiving overnight. Cannot believe attention to detail. Super clean room. I am a fanatic about that. Direct TV which is what we have @ home so that was great.
Great lighting in bathroom. Towel hooks by shower, which many high end hotels do not have. Bed was so comfy as well as pillows.Outlets on tables in breakfast area to recharge. Pool looked inviting, wish we brought our suits. More than a carb fest for breakfast. I must say scrambled eggs were not great but cinnamon rolls were! Pleasant staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor to avoid elevator.So easy.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I always try to stay at new properties when possible. This is a standard Holiday Inn Express. The room was spacious and was outfitted with a fridge and microwave. They also have laundry available.
Two things bothered me: 1. The AC unit does not have a fan always on mode. This should be standard in hotels to help drown out the noise. I had trouble sleeping one night because the guy next door was snoring loudly. 2. You can't change the TV to an HDMI input to plug in your laptop. This is the 2017, I haven't watched regular TV since 2004 and don't plan on starting again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We attended a family event in the area and this location was perfect for us. The hotel is clean, vast rooms, modest gym and very nice staff. The front desk staff was very helpful and willing to assist. All chain restaurants are in a close proximity.
The main issue i have is with the breakfast. The plates are Styrofoam, the utensils are cheap plastic - it's been long time since I used Styrofoam. It is so bad for the environment!! but the hotel has a environmental oriented policy with the towels in the room. In other words, when it's saving money for the hotel it is good to reuse your towels and not wash real china dishes.
And the ridiculous quality of the breakfast - this was death by carbohydrates and sugar. And even the yogurts are all sweeten - no one plain yogurt to be found. This type of breakfast should be banned!!
Also, for a less than average with no safe hotel it is overpriced. The feeling we got that they are trying to save in every way they can.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hello Yochig,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am glad that our location worked for your travel needs and our property clean. On the other hand, I regret that the utensils, the plate and the breakfast selection negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our staff. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I traveled for a family event and this hotel was recommended for all family to stay. I personally would have chosen another place to stay if it were up to me. First off the price-- We spent almost $200 a night for a room in a hotel that had a motel like feel. I have stayed at better quality motel/inns honestly. Why in year 2017 is there no safe in a well known chain hotel room, especially since this place seems to be more accommodating to business travelers? Once again, I have stayed in cheaper and nicer motel/inns that have had a safe. When I give other fellow travelers advice, I always tell them to stay away from a hotel that does not provide a safe in the room. It avoids any confusion and provides peace of mind that you can put your valuables in it while you are away.

Second -- The breakfast was crap. For two days in a row the breakfast was the absolute same. Many people complained about the lack of options. I was quite disappointed to see unappealing over-ripped and spotted fruit being offered. My complaint may seem miniscule and quite picky to some, but if you are like me and my family and spent almost $200 per night to stay here, you too would expect better options. Once again, considering I have stayed at much cheaper places that at least offered fresh decently looking fruit.

Third-- Walls are super thin. It gives you the motel feel when you are here. I can hear everyone talking in the hall. I can hear people walking in from the floor above me. I can even hear the tv and light conversation from my neighbor's room.

Finally-- The staff is not very accommodating and don't really even pretend to be polite. No hello, no good morning. When you walk to the desk you wait for a minute for them to come from their hiding spot in the back. You feel as though you are bothering them with a question which they don't much provide an answer too. We were traveling with twin babies that were not feeling well. My husband asked if we could have a later check out so that the children could sleep a little longer before we left for a flight. The lady at the desk said no, then after my husband's plea she accommodated us 30 extra minutes! We needed a few more wash cloths before leaving and politely asked the housekeeper in the hall (who was cleaning and restocking rooms with towels) if we could have two washcloths and she said she didn't have any.

So, save your hard earned money and expectations of a quality stay and go somewhere much cheaper with better amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor. Maybe you won't hear so much foot traffic noise from other floors as the walls and ceilings are quite thin.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hi Real_Hotel_Reviews,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the room amenities, breakfast, and staff service. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing the improvements needed.

We value you as our guest and sincerely hope to get another chance to give you a better experience on your next visit.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This place really deserves a 3-star rating, but the staff is vey nice and the rooms are super clean. My issues are that the walls are paper thin. You can hear everything your neighbors are doing. And, they have Direct TV which means when it is raining you have no TV. It is a HOLIDAY INN after all, so you get what you pay for....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business