“best gyro I have ever had”

Gyro and Kebab House
Ranked #20 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I ordered the lamb and beef donner. It came with some salad and rice. This was the best gyro I have ever had. I ate it all but should have taken half of it home. My wife did not love her chicken roll up. She said the chicken tasted lamby. She doesn't like lamb. We ate outside on tables and chairs in front. You would have thought the road noise would have been annoying, but it was no problem. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely come back with my daughter. I know she will love it.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The food at this restaurant is prepared by the owners and they take great pride in their offerings. I went there with a friend who frequents this establishment often. The owner was very generous in offering us some free samples of his baked goods and desserts. He also offered us some tea. I highly recommend this restaurant for a treat in a turkish cuisine.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This restaurant has been open for a short period of time and seems to have a pretty good following, so I decided to try the Turkish Lunch Buffet ($9.95) today. Overall it was okay, the most surprising thing was that most reviewers had commented on how friendly the staff were, I didn't find that to be the case, I actually felt a little unwelcome, perhaps because most people appeared to have been there before and were ordering off the menu rather than the Buffet.

As for the buffet, there was a limited selection of items and no indication (signs) of what was what, I was not trilled to see them tell another patron to reuse his plate for seconds..

As for the food itself on the buffet, I thought they would have stuffed grape leaves, falafel, Turkish pizza, wraps or bread of any kind, they did not. I am not sure of the names of what I ate, but the chicken dish was not very good, the ground meat with fried egg was good as were the Kofte and the humus.

To be honest, most of the people there, about 20, seemed to fare better with menu selections rather than the buffet, I will probably not return, but if I did, I would definitely order off the menu rather than the buffet.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Two of us ordered Hummus, Hot Cheese Pastry Rolls, and 1 order of Mixed Grill.
First you get a pretzel like roll that is hot and delicious. We used this with the hummus which was a big serving. The cheese pastry rollls are 5 deep fried filo dough filled with feta cheese and parsley. Very rich. Dinner was the mixed grill $20.95 but it fed 2 of us dinner and dinner the next night. It had 4 kinds of meat and 1 kind of chicken. Lamb Gyro, Adana Kebab, Lamb Shis Kebab, Turkish Meatballs and Chicken Shis Kebab with lots of Turkish rice and a chopped salad. We had hummus left over, also, for the second night. We had 3 of the filo stuffed with cheese left over. We are big eaters. The dishes were generous.
We tried the pumpkin dessert which was baked with a honey like rose water topping and chopped walnuts. Very sweet but good.
Most meals start at $8.50. The appetizers are $5 to $6.50. Never had Turkish food before.
We enjoyed it very much. New restaurant not fixed up but clean. Sorry forgot to take photo!!!

1  Thank ABC153
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

I love Turkish food and have been craving for lahmacun(Turkish thin crust pizza) ever since my visit to Turkey a couple of years ago. Finally a place near me actually make them close to the real thing. I did not tried other dishes but will definitely be back for more.