All reviewstennis courtslola's restaurantnice pooldining tablefront officeolder facilitytownhouse styleupstairs loftbike pathmartha's vineyardaffordable placehousekeeping staffthe busstate beachopened the doorkitchen areanice size
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I would HIGHLY recommend the Island Inn. It was MORE than what we expected. The service is excellent and friendly. The property is spectacular. Truly the walk too the beach is NOT bad at all! It is worth the walk! Oh, bring chairs to watch the beautiful sunset. We had dinner and brunch at Lola's on the Inn's property and the food and entertainment is FABULOUS! Lola's has THE BEST brunch I have ever had! The owner is from New Orleans, Louisianna and the atmosphere is that true cajun feel! Also, it is pet friendly which made our little westie one happy camper! Oh, and if you love to play tennis, visit the awesome clay courts and the tennis shop! My family and I are hooked and in love with The Island Inn! We stayed in the townhouse and there is plenty of room for 4 plus a pull out. My inlaws stayed in the studio with 2 queen beds and all units have small efficiency kitchen with small stove and coffee maker.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2008

We stayed for 2 nights in the condo suite,Great unit with just about everything you would need for a weeks stay!! Pans,dishes,microwave,toaster,coffee maker,full size fridge and small stove.The unit had a master bedroom with 1/2 bath and alcove area with two twin beds.The living room area had pullout couch,chair small table with two chairs,nice fireplace ,and TV tucked into the corner!!! The unit needed some updating but was very clean! The grounds were very nice with Lola's next store.The only negative thing I can say is the walls are paper thin , and the bed was very uncomfortable, to the point where springs felt like they were coming through the mattress!!! The sheets on the bed were dirty {we didnt notice until the morning we checked out that there were stains all over the bedspread} We wished we had checked the sheets and bedspread before we went to bed for the night!!!! Lastly with a little TLC ,Clean sheets ,clean bedspreads and minor updating, it would be fabulous!!!! It is unfortunate that such an awesome hotel could have an issue with dirty linens!!! The rest of the inn was clean and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2008

First of all, this is NOT a bed and breakfast like most places in Martha's Vineyard. You can buy coffee in the lobby for a dollar.

The hotel has obviously seen better days, but it was clean and we got it for a good price. The TV is really small and stuffed into a corner. We were too busy to use it, but I was wondering how a family could watch it comfortably if they wanted to.

It is about a 20 walk to Oaks Bluff. If you are drinking they recommend taking a taxi instead of driving yourself as the cops are quite overzealous. It is $3 a person to go to Oaks Bluff in a taxi, which is a bit ridiculous when it's a 2 minute ride.

There is a good restaurant on the property and they have fantastic cocktails as well.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank K617L
Reviewed 6 June 2008

we stayed in the 2 bedroom, which consisted of a fireplaced small livingroom with pull-out couch and tv, 1 1/2 bathrooms, a queen size bed in one room, and 2 twins in another, the livingroom and twin bedroom were divided by a short wall that didnt go to ceiling. there was a small kitchen with fridge and stove, had sliders with 2 chiars to outside. they also had a small pool on the property, and a restaurant too. they only thing that was really bad was the location, we had to take cabs everywhere! i would stay there again though. the cab issue was the only downside!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2006

I just stayed at this hotel for the long weekend and was very unhappy!!!!! We stayed in a condo suite and the room was not worth the money. It had a small TV tucked in the corner, a very tiny bathroom, out-dated decor and uncomfortable beds. Worst of all there is no safe in the room and no option to put a do not disturb sign on your door. Needless to say when I left my room to go to the beach upon my return housekeeping had been in the room and my earrings were gone!!!! The hotel manager was rude, unsympathetic and down right inappropriate when I asked if housekeeping had turned in my earrings. The only nice employee that we encountered was Carol at the front desk. Despite the missing jewelry, the location was horrible, the pool is small and they even make you pay $1 to get a cup of coffee in the reception room. There are so many better options on Martha's Vineyard-do not stay at the Island Inn unless you feel like wasting your money. To avoid my situation do not bring any valueables with you!

• Stayed: July 2006